For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Check for service outages
RubyRita's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Friday, August 11th, 2017 1:29 AM

Suddenly no service at home

Can someone please help me figure out why suddenly I can't get service at home on my cell phone any more?  I've never had a problem before.  I've had either BellSouth or AT&T service here for the last 36 years, landlines originally, and later I did away with my home phones and I now just have a cell phone.  My late husband even retired from BellSouth in 1991.  😄  We have a tower less than a mile away from my house.  I need some help please.  I hope that I'm posting this in the correct area, if not, please tell me where I need to post.

Thank you

RubyRita

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

This is the right place but not sure anyone can help you. There are many possible reasons your service has suddenly gotten bad. It could be anything from cell tower issues to new construction (something blocking your reception) to cell phone issues and figuring out the cause is no simple task. Your best bet is to download the Mark the spot app and report the poor coverage. Those reports go directly to network engineers. If there is a tower issue, you should get a response with that info.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Great!  Thanks!  Okay, now things are getting strange.... All of a sudden, I now have 4 bars, (maybe they're working on the tower across the highway?)  But for some reason, when I try to make a call, I get a little white screen that says "Emergency Calls Only"...  with a little "OK" to click on..... (no.... not OK, but no other options... SHEESH!!). Thanks for the info, and I will download the app.

Strange stuff... Any ideas about this one?  I don't have a bill due, and no problems with the account.  Oh, and my best friend, who also has a phone on my account is having the same problem.  She lives down the hill from me, (closer to the tower).

Why me?

RubyRita

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks a bunch... I downloaded the app, got all the info in, continued to fiddle with this and that... Continued pulling my hear out, fussed about a bunch of stuff....   Eventually the problem righted itself...   (In other words, the folks out there working, got done with whatever they were fixing in the first place, and flipped the switches all back on!!!!). My job was done!!!  😀😀😀

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I am having the same problem. If I hadn't just upgraded our phones I would be switching to Verizon TODAY. We even paid for and had installed a cell booster and still have problems. We are literally a mile away from an AT&T cell tower!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I could walk around my entire ten acres just pushing this button all day long! But what good does it do? None.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I previously had great coverage around my house (five bars) and also in house (4 bars).  However starting about six months ago my reception has decreased to the point I cannot make calls from inside and have maximum two bars outside my house.  My service or cell signal strength has been degraded.

I live in zip code 60137-5727.   We have five phones on our plan and all have the same issue - it is not the SIM card or device. Can you please tell me why the signal strength has deteriorated and more importantly - when it will be restored?

If this is not resolved we will have to change to Sprint or Verizon.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I have two SIM card in my phone, one is Chinese number , one is ATT. ATT suddenly didn't work since last night my friend texted me “good night ”. But my Chinese SIM card still work well. 

Why ?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

We are moving to Chesapeake, OH 45619 , we have visited the home we want to buy now several times,  Every time we lose service on both phones at the same spot on the road, and have no service in the home until we leave.  Does ATT have a booster for homes in areas like that?

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

6 years ago

AT&T cell service has been poor for years, and continues to get worse. Wait till they put in 5G and see how bad it gets. I have a 3G Microcell and that works sometimes. I also have wifi calling but miss most incomming calls. I also have a booster and still have crappy service. I'm over it. I purchased a Tracfone from a national shopping network for 99 bucks that uses Verizon service. Wow it works. Bye Bye AT&T hello Verizon. AT&T just so you know, I was with Southwestern Bell Mobile Systems. Remember them. Then Cingular. Remember them. Now AT&T for years. No More I'm leaving you. If you don't care enough to give me service that I pay you for Monthly. I'll go away. Maybe everyone else will too. See what your Stock Holders say then...

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

In this atrea west of Tulsa Mark the spot doesn't do any good. I have had a badly degraded signal for over 2 months and report on Mark The Spot as well as call in and I don't get anything done. worked ok for the last 3 years here but not lately. No answers from AT&T tells me they don't care.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.