Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 21, 2014
1:31:02 PM
View profile
Signal in Grand Lake

Could not get 4G connection in Grand Lake CO- my phone kept trying to connect to a t-mobile signal.  Had to find wireless internet at a coffeeshop to check in.  I understand lack of of signal in the mountains, but not in town.  Thoughts?

Could not get 4G connection in Grand Lake CO- my phone kept trying to connect to a t-mobile signal.  Had to find wireless internet at a coffeeshop to check in.  I understand lack of of signal in the mountains, but not in town.  Thoughts?

Signal in Grand Lake

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 26, 2014 2:35:39 PM
(0)
Community Manager

Hi @olddockeller 

The whole area around is shown as Partner Coverage, so it doesn't look like AT&T has any towers out there. Unfortunately not all services may be available when your phone is roaming on another carrier's networks.  In some cases, voice and text are fine but data might be on frequency that your phone might not support, especially with 4G and LTE devices.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hi @olddockeller 

The whole area around is shown as Partner Coverage, so it doesn't look like AT&T has any towers out there. Unfortunately not all services may be available when your phone is roaming on another carrier's networks.  In some cases, voice and text are fine but data might be on frequency that your phone might not support, especially with 4G and LTE devices.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Signal in Grand Lake

2 of 2 (116 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments