Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Receiving a call from US while abroad

Highlighted
Contributor

Receiving a call from US while abroad

I am currently abroad and I am already signed up for International Day Pass. If someone from back in the United States were to call me from a landline and I were to answer, would that trigger a day of use for my day pass even though I’m not the one that placed the call (because it’s technically two US phone numbers talking to each other but one is roaming but not the one that made the call)? I ask because obviously not everyone would know that I am abroad so I don’t know if the same rule applies like when an international phone number calls me while I am in the US (ie they would be charged the international rates). Basically, I'm wondering if I should pick up the call if I don’t want to pay $10 for the day. 

Message 1 of 2
ACE - Expert

Re: Receiving a call from US while abroad

Yes, any answered call triggers the $10 daily charge. In fact, it is even possible to trigger the daily charge even if you don’t answer. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Talk & text around the world. View International Options Help!
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support