RFMEngineer's profile
Employee

Employee

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, March 15th, 2016 8:50 PM

Closed

RF Maintenance Engineer - Radio Frequency Interference

AT&T Mobility’s Radio Frequency Maintenance Engineer program supports our commitment to the performance of the network and our wireless customers. When an electronic device emits interfering signals, it can cause AT&T wireless customers (and potentially, the customers of other wireless carriers) to suffer blocked or dropped calls, even 911 calls to Public Safety can be affected. Many consumers are not aware when they purchase certain electronic equipment that it might be capable of emitting radio signals. In some cases, that is exactly what the device is intended to do. For example, cordless home telephones, garage door openers and baby monitors are each intended to transmit radio signals. Those devices are known as “intentional radiators.” Under federal telecommunications law, operation of such devices may be legal as long as they do not interfere with other people’s devices.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Administrator

• 

835 Messages

8 years ago

AT&T engineers would like to work with you to see if a device at this address might be causing interference to local wireless networks. Our engineers will always identify themselves and ask for consent before entering your property. They will always provide proper identification.

For more information on the program visit www.att.com/interference.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

i had Woodrow Mcdonald comein to my facility at 7:35pm. here in Reno nevada... this is unacceptable you must call ahead of time to make an appointmmnet so that facilityies can make soeone availeble to provide access to your techs.  on a hospital setting it is extrememly important that HIPPA is followed and that the safety of the patients ,staff and visitors is kept at its highest level..

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

how come at&t dose not know what rf interference to a amateur radio is I have called many times and they keep asking how do I know that the is a problem with there lines if I don't have  at&t  service I tell then that it was scan with a spectrum analyzer thy are like ok let me get you to a tec and hang up 

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

1 year ago

🤦‍♂️

ACE - Expert

• 

32K Messages

1 year ago

@Danielboren 

You've put your broken English post in a thread from 2016.

If you want help from other users, start a fresh thread.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.