Check for service outages
rvpuller's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, June 3rd, 2014 4:25 PM

Poor wireless service

I just want to vent a little about my dis-satisfaction with AT&T wireless service.  I recently got service with Consumer Cellular which uses AT&T.  The coverage is very poor.  I have been many, many places close to home (western Illinois) and within 200 miles where there is very poor or no signal.  For a company that was once (pre 1984) THE premier telecommunications company on the entire planet, the coverage falls well short of what is very heavily advertised on TV.  It seems to me that AT&T should spend less money on advertising and more on getting their signal broadcast from more towers.  I have not decided whether to return to U S Cellular or to try Verizon.  I really don't want to get ino a contract, which is why I chose Consumer Cellular.  I have decided that I will definitely tell others that AT&T is not a good choice. 

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello rvpuller,

Thank you for posting. What kind of phone do you have? While it's using AT&T's network, being a virtual carrier, they might not be offering the same exact service, unfortunately no one here would know any details, it's just a guess. Have you had a chance to review Consumer Cellular's coverage map for your area?

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Hi Dmitry,

I have a Motorola Moto G.  Can you offer any suggestions?

Thanks

Rvpuller

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.