For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Check for service outages
Dave-kc's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, May 13th, 2017 2:50 AM

Poor service.

At&t use to be the leader in wireless technology and service area. Not any more. I recently tracked to Nebraska. Just north and West of Lincoln. As a retired at&t employee I was really embarrassed that I had to really on verizon, Sprint and t-moble users to make phone calls and get messages. There was no at&t service for more than 6 miles. I am seriously thinking about changing wireless services.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Dave-kc Did you check the coverage out? https://www.att.com/maps/wireless-coverage.html

That's pretty much the largest / worst area of coverage on the eastern half of the United States. Most of it's not even AT&T coverage, it's 3rd party.

Screen Shot 2017-05-12 at 11.05.04 PM.png

Northern Maine is the only thing that seems to comes close, it's smaller but has a worse coverage.

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

It wouldn't be so bad if roaming still existed. At least you could get some service. This new cell service is crap. 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Dave-kc I don't know what the other carriers coverage looks like out there, but if this was the first map I looked at, I'd be really hoping the others had better coverage...

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Looking at their frigging map doesn't tell me much. It more of the same
smoke and mirrors that AT&T has been famous for for years.

If you can please them with your service , dazzle them with your Bull.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

The carriers coverage maps are too general.  I use an App called Coverage Map by root metrics.  It shows actual user reported reception by location.  

You mentioned Lincoln NE.   There are areas for every carrier that have no service, including Verizon.  It's just a matter of what street your on.

Give the app a try.

I have areas of poor coverage in areas I travel for work, so I bought a booster for my car and it works like a charm.  Not the solution for everyone, but it's perfect for my situation.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Dave-kc wrote:
Looking at their frigging map doesn't tell me much. It more of the same
smoke and mirrors that AT&T has been famous for for years.

Seriously, looking at this map you can't tell that Nebraska is SERIOUSLY DEFICIENT compared to Missouri? 

Let alone compared to the eastern half of the country...?

Screen Shot 2017-05-12 at 11.05.04 PM.png

1 Attachment

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.