Check for service outages
tiggerlil's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, May 10th, 2014 8:01 PM

Poor coverage in Manhattan

My son says coverage is really bad in Manhattan and Siri doesn't work.  Anyone have similar complaints?  He wants to switch to Verizon.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello @tiggerlil 

It might be many different things. Kind of hard to tell if the coverage is the issue without all the details. In many cases a new SIM card resolved most reception issues. If he experiencing problems everywhere or only at home?

You can view the coverage map HERE.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Will swapping out SIM card mean he'll lose his stored contacts unless he does full backup?

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

10 years ago

@tiggerlil wrote:

My son says coverage is really bad in Manhattan and Siri doesn't work.  Anyone have similar complaints?  He wants to switch to Verizon.

downtown manhattan no carrier gets decent service, have call drops and low signal on att, verizon and sprint

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

10 years ago

@tiggerlil wrote:

Will swapping out SIM card mean he'll lose his stored contacts unless he does full backup?

Iphones do not store contacts on the sim

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

T-mobile and Sprint (probably Verizon as well) have much better service than ATT in downtown Manhattan. It's not poor coverage it's overcapacity. Before 8am and after 6pm on weekdays, service is great downtown on ATT. You know something is wrong when Sprint is faster than your network. I'm switching to t-mobile because my data plan is essentially useless down here.

Edit: Sorry to ressurect an old thread, it came up in my google search and I thought I'd chime in. So 2 years later, service still bad.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.