For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Check for service outages
ZooMom123's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, October 16th, 2016 8:51 PM

Passport coverage

I'm visiting the US for two weeks from another country. How can I get local phone service during my visit?

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

First, check your phone for band/frequency coverage. 

If that's all good, then GoPhone plans are probably your best option with AT&T; Passport is more for people with an AT&T plan in the US, traveling abroad.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Would GoPhone work with my Samsung Galaxy phone, or is that a prepaid phone I need to buy?
The friend I'm staying with has AT&t- could I be added to her plan temporarily?

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

@ZooMom123It depends, on the bands/radios of the version of the Galaxy you have.  There are many, many models/versions, for numerous locations and carriers, the permuations are pretty large.

On the account addition, they could, but I'm not sure it would be really a great way to do it, postpaid accounts aren't really designed for phones being added/deleted often, that's more the role of the prepaid (GoPhone) style plans.

I guess it depends, on how much it would cost for setup and such, on her plan, as to if it would make more sense.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Thank you. I guess I'll stop at an AT&T store tomorrow

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

Sure.  If you know the exact model of Samsung Galaxy, we could figure out the radio/frequency issue, which would tell you if you can just use a GoPhone (or your friends' plan) SIM, or need a "visiting phone".

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.