For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Check for service outages
Harlan68's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, November 30th, 2011 4:31 AM

Not receiving calls when we have full service

Can anyone tell me why calls that are being made to my wireless phone are not ringing my phone and going directly to my voice mail?  This has happened multiple times and not only to me, but to other members of my family and other friends.  It doesn't depend on the phone because I have heard from people with other devices, but I have an iPhone 4, my wife has an iPhone 3gs and it has happened to us multiple times.  It happens when we are at work with full service and the phones are stationary.  It has happened when traveling in different cities and even different states (again where we had full services -- 4-5 bars).  We even tested it out one day sitting in the car together, with full service, she called my phone and it went directly to voice mail and my phone never rang. 

This doesn't happen every time, but it does happen a lot and it happened today when our son tried to call both my wife then me on our cell phones and both times his calls went straight to voice mail and it was an urgent call about a schedule change with his school. We received the voice mails 30 minutes later... all the while the phones were in an area with full service (4-5 bars).

Very frustrated with AT&T service Smiley Sad

Guru

• 

1.1K Messages

10 years ago

First of all it is probably not AT&T,try these tricks.restart your iPhone first if this does not work try the following.go to settings – cellular – turn off cellularData. Then turn it back on. is that do not disturb is turned ongo to settings – do not disturb and turn the setting offto allow calls to come through. Nothing fixes this send me a private messageand will work on this together.note for next timeplease include what operating system you're running on such as iOS 7 or iOS eightyou can check this by going to settings – Gen. – software update.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I hate to inform you but this an AT and T problem.  I went through all the trouble shooting you are suggesting twice. My phone still does the same thing. This is horrible service and I was told by a At&T rep that it has to do with my phone staying connected to my hometown tower so I have to hit airplane mode on and off to disconnect to that tower and connect to the closest tower. My husbandf and I pay enough money as it is to where i should not have to reset my phone everytime I leave my house. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

This is the same thing happening to all 3 of my family's iPhones. I'm on a Corp account and it is happening as well. ATT what are you doing ? Hearing this from multiple people her in zip code 84045.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I have an s5 through this company. I have not been receiving calls, and have called customer service several times to fix the issue. But since I don't have insurance on my phone, they refuse to fix the problem. I've talked to 4 different representativestyles in the last month, one of them gave me their email address to keep in contact with me. She said she was going to talk to her manager about replacing my phone, even though I had no insurance. .because I refuse to pay for a phone I can't use and the problem couldn't be fixed. I'm now waiting two weeks and have got no response.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I have this problem also, can't receive any calls not does my phone register them coming in, only happens in my living room. AT&T told me I should purchase a booster for my signal. I pay $380 a month for our phones it should be free. We are dumping them this year when our contract is up.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

How do you fix it? Did my face hit something on the screen to put it into this mode...it's been like this for 2 days

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

The reception is a joke. Full network coverage (4-5 bars) and the calls go directly to the voicemail, sometimes after several rings.
I am required to be on-call for my work 24*7 and it can prove to be a disaster for me professionally.
Is there a setting that is causing this? It is definitely not a phone issue.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I just bought a att go phone and I some how can not receive calls I can send texts and receive texts but none of my calls are coming in and once in a blue moon they do I just got the phone at the end of July so what do I do to fix this issue?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I'm having the same issue, and have for awhile now. I bought a new phone, but same issue. I have bars, but at times just can't receive calls. Usually, I have no record of them either. Sometimes, I will get the voicemails, but only hours later. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I'm having the same issues and have been for awhile now. I even bought a new phone, but the same issue persists. I'll have bars, but at times, still don't receive calls, nor do I have a record of them. Sometimes I will receive the voicemail, but at later times. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.