Not receiving calls when we have full service

Contributor

Not receiving calls when we have full service

Can anyone tell me why calls that are being made to my wireless phone are not ringing my phone and going directly to my voice mail?  This has happened multiple times and not only to me, but to other members of my family and other friends.  It doesn't depend on the phone because I have heard from people with other devices, but I have an iPhone 4, my wife has an iPhone 3gs and it has happened to us multiple times.  It happens when we are at work with full service and the phones are stationary.  It has happened when traveling in different cities and even different states (again where we had full services -- 4-5 bars).  We even tested it out one day sitting in the car together, with full service, she called my phone and it went directly to voice mail and my phone never rang. 

This doesn't happen every time, but it does happen a lot and it happened today when our son tried to call both my wife then me on our cell phones and both times his calls went straight to voice mail and it was an urgent call about a schedule change with his school. We received the voice mails 30 minutes later... all the while the phones were in an area with full service (4-5 bars).

Very frustrated with AT&T service Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 26 (27,368 Views)
Contributor

Re: Not receiving calls when we have full service

Same problem with me. We have 2 phones - one iphone5 and another HTC OneX. Both have the same issue. When somebody calls after 2-3 rings it goes to voicemail. But I can use my phone for making calls. This happens in only my residence area i.e. Solon, OH. I called helpdesk thrice and they did some troubleshooting but of no help.

Pls. help!!!

Message 16 of 26 (24,001 Views)
Contributor

Did you ever find a solution for this problem?  I am experiencing the same issue. Thanks.

Message 17 of 26 (22,598 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

I'm having this issue on a daily basis. I purchased an iPhone 4 through ATT last June, and live in a major metropolitan area. Never had this problem with Verizon ...

Message 18 of 26 (20,739 Views)
Contributor

I'm having a similar issue. 2 years ago, I upgraded 2 pho...

I'm having a similar issue. 2 years ago, I upgraded 2 phones and got both Samsung galaxy s2 skyrocket's. My wife very often did not recieve calls with hers. We would compare call logs where mine showed 5 attempts to call and hers would show nothing. After going through several steps of trouble shooting with no success, we just upgraded our phones 2 days ago. Both of us got the Samsung galaxy s4 , new simm cards for both. Right away hers is not receiving calls. She missed a work call today and I was unable to get a hold of her in a semi-urgent moment. What is up with this?
Message 19 of 26 (18,859 Views)
Contributor

I have had this issue for months-maybe even a year now. I...

I have had this issue for months-maybe even a year now. I always had great service until the last few months and now I have 1-2 bars all the time. My phone rarely rings
Message 20 of 26 (18,059 Views)
Contributor

I have had this issue for months-maybe even a year now. I...

I have had this issue for months-maybe even a year now. I always had great service until the last few months and now I have 1-2 bars all the time. My phone rarely rings when my boyfriend calls. We can be sitting together and it will ring on his end but my phone won't do anything. I see his call logs. This is so frustrating.
Message 21 of 26 (18,055 Views)
ACE - Guru

First of all it is probably not AT&T,try these tricks.restart your iPhone first if this does not work try the following.go to settings – cellular – turn off cellularData. Then turn it back on. is that do not disturb is turned ongo to settings – do not disturb and turn the setting offto allow calls to come through. Nothing fixes this send me a private messageand will work on this together.note for next timeplease include what operating system you're running on such as iOS 7 or iOS eightyou can check this by going to settings – Gen. – software update.
Alex
U-verse problems, ATTU-verseCare.
Cellular Problems, ATTMobilityCare.
Billing/other problems ATTCustomerCare
DirecTV Problems, ATTDirectCare
Please mark replies as solutions if it fixed your problem. This helps other members find answers quickly.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 22 of 26 (18,029 Views)
Contributor

I hate to inform you but this an AT and T problem.  I went through all the trouble shooting you are suggesting twice. My phone still does the same thing. This is horrible service and I was told by a At&T rep that it has to do with my phone staying connected to my hometown tower so I have to hit airplane mode on and off to disconnect to that tower and connect to the closest tower. My husbandf and I pay enough money as it is to where i should not have to reset my phone everytime I leave my house. 

Message 23 of 26 (10,458 Views)
Contributor

This is the same thing happening to all 3 of my family's iPhones. I'm on a Corp account and it is happening as well. ATT what are you doing ? Hearing this from multiple people her in zip code 84045.
Message 24 of 26 (9,188 Views)
Contributor

I have an s5 through this company. I have not been receiving calls, and have called customer service several times to fix the issue. But since I don't have insurance on my phone, they refuse to fix the problem. I've talked to 4 different representativestyles in the last month, one of them gave me their email address to keep in contact with me. She said she was going to talk to her manager about replacing my phone, even though I had no insurance. .because I refuse to pay for a phone I can't use and the problem couldn't be fixed. I'm now waiting two weeks and have got no response.
Message 25 of 26 (2,508 Views)
Contributor

I have this problem also, can't receive any calls not does my phone register them coming in, only happens in my living room. AT&T told me I should purchase a booster for my signal. I pay $380 a month for our phones it should be free. We are dumping them this year when our contract is up.
Message 26 of 26 (1,703 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.