Check for service outages
Harlan68's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, November 30th, 2011 4:31 AM

Not receiving calls when we have full service

Can anyone tell me why calls that are being made to my wireless phone are not ringing my phone and going directly to my voice mail?  This has happened multiple times and not only to me, but to other members of my family and other friends.  It doesn't depend on the phone because I have heard from people with other devices, but I have an iPhone 4, my wife has an iPhone 3gs and it has happened to us multiple times.  It happens when we are at work with full service and the phones are stationary.  It has happened when traveling in different cities and even different states (again where we had full services -- 4-5 bars).  We even tested it out one day sitting in the car together, with full service, she called my phone and it went directly to voice mail and my phone never rang. 

This doesn't happen every time, but it does happen a lot and it happened today when our son tried to call both my wife then me on our cell phones and both times his calls went straight to voice mail and it was an urgent call about a schedule change with his school. We received the voice mails 30 minutes later... all the while the phones were in an area with full service (4-5 bars).

Very frustrated with AT&T service Smiley Sad

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

@hubberducki wrote:

Att service is a joke, i live in IL, we signed up in June 2010 with the intention of 3-4 bars, three months later (over a year now) it suddenly dropped down to no service or 1 bar at best, I was then told I cannot be let out of my contract due to the tiny print of them saying they do not gaurantee service anywhere (even know that something definitely changed in service) Although they will verify my drop call rate and that I am close to a dead zone they are still trying to make me pay 700.00 for cancellation.  Its crap that we signed for service and then it changed and they wont let me out.  If i had that service in the beginning why wouldnt i just cancelled within the 30 days??  They then insisted that I pay for a microcell $200.00, that didnt help, then they said it was the microcell itself, then I exchanged that one for the same problems.  Now they are still giving me the run around me and wondering why im upset when i pay 180.00 for 450 minutes, three lines, and data plan on two phones, after i have called them over 100 hours of my time!!!! They are crap service, cant wait to get out of my contract and IM calling bbb!!

I'm sorry you've had such a rough go. Will you please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you? Let's get you in touch with someone who can review your account history and see if there is anything we can do to make this better. 

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Thats how they provide service.  Then they claim you to be in an area of good coverage, who cares what the bars say if the service isnt reflected in them.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

12 years ago

jamileh yes I have done all that troubleshooting. I went to the at&t store and they changed my sim card. I talked to the customer support service at least 7 times about this and of course they went through all the steps (changing IMEI etc, as if they would help). My phone is also only a month old as I switched it in apple store since my old one was defective.

The fact that it seems so unbelievable to your employees that the service is so bad and want to have customers go through these dumb troubleshooting steps reflects major problems with at&t's management. 

I asked them several times for a refund as I thought that was the least they could do for me. At some point one customer support rep committed to giving $120 refund and the call dropped!! The next rep wasn't willing to give a refund!!! I got $40 refund after many attempts but this of course doesn't compensate for the frustration and important calls I have missed over several months! I am switching to Verizon today.

Thank you for having me as a valued customer for so many years. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

Get that all the time here.....but it has gotten worse in the last month......last time the time from call to voice mail was 5 hours!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Same problem with me. We have 2 phones - one iphone5 and another HTC OneX. Both have the same issue. When somebody calls after 2-3 rings it goes to voicemail. But I can use my phone for making calls. This happens in only my residence area i.e. Solon, OH. I called helpdesk thrice and they did some troubleshooting but of no help.

Pls. help!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Did you ever find a solution for this problem?  I am experiencing the same issue. Thanks.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I'm having this issue on a daily basis. I purchased an iPhone 4 through ATT last June, and live in a major metropolitan area. Never had this problem with Verizon ...

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I'm having a similar issue. 2 years ago, I upgraded 2 phones and got both Samsung galaxy s2 skyrocket's. My wife very often did not recieve calls with hers. We would compare call logs where mine showed 5 attempts to call and hers would show nothing. After going through several steps of trouble shooting with no success, we just upgraded our phones 2 days ago. Both of us got the Samsung galaxy s4 , new simm cards for both. Right away hers is not receiving calls. She missed a work call today and I was unable to get a hold of her in a semi-urgent moment. What is up with this?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I have had this issue for months-maybe even a year now. I always had great service until the last few months and now I have 1-2 bars all the time. My phone rarely rings

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I have had this issue for months-maybe even a year now. I always had great service until the last few months and now I have 1-2 bars all the time. My phone rarely rings when my boyfriend calls. We can be sitting together and it will ring on his end but my phone won't do anything. I see his call logs. This is so frustrating.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.