Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 14, 2014
9:51:18 AM
View profile
No signal the last two weeks near Pima Road and Stagecoach Road in North Scottsdale

We live near Pima Road and Stagecoach Rd in North Scottsdale. For over 3 years we have enjoyed 3-5 bars on various models of iPhones.  The last two weeks all three iPhones in our house have now displaying "Searching".  I have opened support cases with AT&T and Apple with zero resolution.  Something is broken in our neighborhood but AT&T continues with the "we see no issues" story. There is no way that you can have a strong signal for over 3 years then go to all three iPhones having no signal at all. 

Anyone esle in our area having an issue with AT&T?

We live near Pima Road and Stagecoach Rd in North Scottsdale. For over 3 years we have enjoyed 3-5 bars on various models of iPhones.  The last two weeks all three iPhones in our house have now displaying "Searching".  I have opened support cases with AT&T and Apple with zero resolution.  Something is broken in our neighborhood but AT&T continues with the "we see no issues" story. There is no way that you can have a strong signal for over 3 years then go to all three iPhones having no signal at all. 

Anyone esle in our area having an issue with AT&T?

No signal the last two weeks near Pima Road and Stagecoach Road in North Scottsdale

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 14, 2014 11:25:29 AM
(0)
Contributor

Update: Just spoke to our Community Center staff and they report that they have been complaining to AT&T for weeks so I am not the only person who has complained which contradicts what AT&T has told me twice - that I'm the only person complaining.  So either AT&T is trying to hide this issue, or, they have no mechnanism to correlate service complaints with georgraphical locations.

Update: Just spoke to our Community Center staff and they report that they have been complaining to AT&T for weeks so I am not the only person who has complained which contradicts what AT&T has told me twice - that I'm the only person complaining.  So either AT&T is trying to hide this issue, or, they have no mechnanism to correlate service complaints with georgraphical locations.

Re: No signal the last two weeks near Pima Road and Stagecoach Road in North Scottsdale

2 of 4 (326 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 15, 2014 12:27:39 PM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello bklegendtrail,

Are you experiencing those issues only inside your house or outside too? Are you using the Mark the Spot app to report coverage issues?

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello bklegendtrail,

Are you experiencing those issues only inside your house or outside too? Are you using the Mark the Spot app to report coverage issues?

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: No signal the last two weeks near Pima Road and Stagecoach Road in North Scottsdale

3 of 4 (292 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 22, 2014 9:54:30 AM
(0)
Contributor

I refuse to help AT&T resolve thier own network issue that is what I pay the monthly rate for it includes support. So, no I did not install Mark the Spot. We have enjoyed 4-5 bars of signal for almost 3 years so it's not a coverage issue if it worked at one time for so long so we. W finally gave up after AT&T refused to acknowledge that something has changed in the network in our neighborhood. As I mentioned there have been numberous complaints about this in our community you would think it would attract some attention with someone in AT&T but it hasn't.

I'm not a cellular communications engineer but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to recognize that if you have had 4-5 bars of signal for 3 years then one day it drops to "Searching" for everyone in our neighborhood until you get a mile down the road - something changed in the network.  I would say some maintenance activity or upgrade failed.  We finally gave up and installed a Microcell in our house to get around it until someone at AT&T steps up and fixes what worked at one time.

I refuse to help AT&T resolve thier own network issue that is what I pay the monthly rate for it includes support. So, no I did not install Mark the Spot. We have enjoyed 4-5 bars of signal for almost 3 years so it's not a coverage issue if it worked at one time for so long so we. W finally gave up after AT&T refused to acknowledge that something has changed in the network in our neighborhood. As I mentioned there have been numberous complaints about this in our community you would think it would attract some attention with someone in AT&T but it hasn't.

I'm not a cellular communications engineer but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to recognize that if you have had 4-5 bars of signal for 3 years then one day it drops to "Searching" for everyone in our neighborhood until you get a mile down the road - something changed in the network.  I would say some maintenance activity or upgrade failed.  We finally gave up and installed a Microcell in our house to get around it until someone at AT&T steps up and fixes what worked at one time.

4 of 4 (226 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments