Explore & discover

Helpful Links

No International Service

Highlighted
Contributor

No International Service

I purchased the add-on for Latin America for my vacation.  I am now in San Jose, Costa Rica and my phone indicates no service. How can I get this fixed?

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Sage (ACE - Sage)
Accepted by lizdance40
‎05-16-2018 5:48 AM

Re: No International Service

The only add-on for Latin America I know of is for prepaid service. If you have prepaid, sorry but prepaid service does not support international roaming other than Canada and Mexico. Your prepaid service will not work in Costa Rica. That add-on is for calls to Latin America from the US, not for calls while in Latin America.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
ACE - Sage

Re: No International Service

@sandblaster Is correct.  You added a long distance package, not a roaming package.  Prepaid plans do not roam other than the included Canada and Mexico 

https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/international/att-prepaid.html

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support