Check for service outages
Phantom373's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, September 3rd, 2018 1:00 AM

No Data Service Notification

I keep getting a notification about every 1-3 minutes that I temporarily have no Data service. This is becoming infuriating as it is running my battery down and won't stop vibrating. I have a Samsung Note 8 and my Girlfriend who has a Galaxy S9 has the exact same issue. It is only happening at our house. If I drive anywhere else around town or another town it won't happen.

I have tried turning my phone off and on again

I have tried clearing my entire phone cache

I have tried force updating and although it did update and it fixed it for the night it came right back when I woke up.

I have no other options to try and I am about to lose it if I hear my phone vibrate again!

Teacher

• 

26 Messages

5 years ago

Mine still does it even after turning notofications off 

Teacher

• 

26 Messages

5 years ago

Mine still doing it no data service temporary guess another night of warnings what are you gonna do to fix it att getting really tired of this i cant believe you cant fix this issue

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Mine is doing the same thing. It's just very (bad word) annoying. I did every (bad word) thing suggested by AT&t. I called them and they ask me turn the phone off amd on. They said they cleared the message blah blah data notification on their azz (I meant END). It did not fix. My solution  for all of us and those fake AT&t tech support group is"CHANGE SERVICE TO VERIZON, T-MOBILE, or at least cricket."

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I'm here with the same issue and laughing because, in your op, you said it was every 1-3 minutes, but mine is doing it like every 20 seconds. So, by the time I read that it had gone off 6 or 7 times while typing a response, I was like, "yeah, ok, so it isn't just me." Just wanted to share that I'm in the same boat.

Ultimately, I used the troubleshooting link provided above. There was no exact match in the list of issues, so I acted like I had problems making phone calls. That led to my putting in the address where I am, and then this message: "There is currently a network issue at this location which may be impacting their service." 

I've had this problem for only about 3 hours, not several days or weeks, or it remains to be seen if it's truly only a temporary issue.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Miraculously mine no longer does it. Unknown how it got fixed.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

So I think I figured out how to fix this. I was having this issue for a few days now and it's been going off every 10-30 seconds and was getting very annoying. After checking out this post I decided to scout for other ways to fix it and ultimately couldn't find anything online so I started fiddling with the phone. Basically, you just need to hold down on the notification whenever it appears, and it'll have a "Details" button which should take you "App Notifications" and then to "Alerts" and set the "Importance" level to "Low" and that should do it. Hope this helps ❤️

Note: Alternatively, you can go to Settings > Apps > Menu (top right) > Show System Apps > (look for) Phone (app) > Alerts - and it'll take you to the same place.

Teacher

• 

26 Messages

5 years ago

Tried tech service yesterday they started working with me on this problem got cut off tried doing tech service today got put on hold and got cut off again att thanks for your support lol

Teacher

• 

26 Messages

5 years ago

Att cares lol

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I have this annoying message again & again. There is no reply from AT&T, as I understand they completely ignore this issue? It seems the only option is to switch to another carrier. I appeal to people considering their phone provider. DO NOT CHOOSE AT&T 

Teacher

• 

26 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks again for not fixing my no data warning att really cares lol getting warning all day only stays on for a few seconds very very annoying

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.