For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Check for service outages
A

• 

25.7K Messages

Tuesday, May 17th, 2016 1:54 AM

New roaming benefits for Canada and Mexico

As summer approaches, AT&T* is breaking down wireless walls to the countries our customers travel to the most: Mexico and Canada.

Starting May 20, customers can get our new Mexico roaming feature for no additional charge when they switch to our new Mobile Share Value 15GB and higher plans. This means customers on a new Mobile Share Value 15GB and higher plan get unlimited calling, texting, and use of their plan data in and between Mexico and the United States.

New and existing customers with an AT&T Unlimited Plan can say goodbye to roaming charges in both Mexico and Canada. Talk, text and use data in and between the United States, Mexico and Canada for no roaming charge.

http://about.att.com/story/new_roaming_benefits_to_mexico_and_canada.html

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

8 years ago

No mention of the elusive Canadian roaming bonus we have to hunt down through retentions?

Huh.

And I'm a bit surprised the unlimited plan is getting preference.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 years ago

@lizdance40 wrote:

No mention of the elusive Canadian roaming bonus we have to hunt down through retentions?

Sure it was mentioned, but only for unlimited plan customers. 

New and existing customers with an AT&T Unlimited Plan can say goodbye to roaming charges in both Mexico and Canada. Talk, text and use data in and between the United States, Mexico and Canada for no roaming charge.

• 

25.7K Messages

8 years ago

@lizdance40 wrote:

Huh.

And I'm a bit surprised the unlimited plan is getting preference.

Its too bad AT&T makes it so difficult to get the Canada Roaming Bonus for others. Personally I see no reason to have to go through rententions in order to get it. Why not let the first line CSRs add it to a MSV plan if requested like the Mexico Roaming Bonus? Why the big secret?

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

I wonder if they are going to keep he Canadian Roaming Bonus, it hasn't been announced, it wouldn't be to hard to not have it as an option any more.  They've removed other plan benefits (like A-List) before and those were even announced plans.  My hope was they'll let those who have it keep it (like A-List), so I'm not so worried (especially since they're still handing it out, or at least they wore this weekend).

It'd be nice to have my full data spread in Canada but I can get by with 1GB a month especially with calling and texting being unlimited.  I can survive with it, I've done 3 weeks out of the country with the 400 MB and I did Skype audio calls home on it and had enough (although I did have WiFi at hotel for larger needs). If I can't another 1GB is only $20 which is pretty cheap compared to the old way...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.