For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Check for service outages
mderedita's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, September 29th, 2014 2:30 AM

New cell tower built in my area, can AT&T put a cell antenna on it?

New cell tower built in my area, can AT&T put a cell antenna on it?  It is a relatively new 150 foot monopole communication tower in Masthope Mountain Community located in Lackawaxen Township, PA.  

Location:  Masthope Mountain Community Karl Hope Blvd, Lackawaxen, PA 18435

It would be nice if AT&T added a cell antenna on the pole, as the coverage would cover three communities (Masthope and their Ski Resort, Fawn Lake Forest, and the whole area on the PA/NY border).

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

10 years ago

@mderedita wrote:

New cell tower built in my area, can AT&T put a cell antenna on it?  It is a relatively new 150 foot monopole communication tower in Masthope Mountain Community located in Lackawaxen Township, PA.  

Location:  Masthope Mountain Community 196 Karl Hope Blvd, Lackawaxen, PA 18435

(570) 685-4790

It would be nice if AT&T added a cell antenna on the pole, as the coverage would cover three communities (Masthope and their Ski Resort, Fawn Lake Forest, and the whole area on the PA/NY border).

It would depend upon who owns the tower, and if the local governing bodies would allow AT&T to rent space on the tower (and in the building attached to it for the local infrastructure).  It may not be cost effective for AT&T try to rent space on that tower, but they may be able to sign a deal with the carrier who owns the tower to trade "roaming" for the customers so AT&T customers can get free roaming, and their customers can get the same from AT&T towers.  There are so many factors involved that it is hard to say what can come of it...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.