Explore & discover

Helpful Links

My cell phone only supports 3G - will it work?

Contributor

My cell phone only supports 3G - will it work?

Hi
My phone does not support 4G but only 3G - will it work in most of California?
Thanks
Joanna
Message 1 of 6
ACE - Expert

Re: My cell phone only supports 3G - will it work?

If it has HSPA bands 850 and 1900 it will do fine for talk and text.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) We are customers too, NOT employees. Our answers are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6
Contributor

Thank you for your reply. I was not specific enough. This phone is Samsung galaxy s3 and it has HSPA+ 850/900/1900/2100MHz but I am interested specifically in GPRS - it supports the following ranges for GPRS: 850/900/1800/1900. Will I be able to use the data plan?
Thanks
Joanna
Message 3 of 6
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by lizdance40
‎05-30-2017 4:23 AM

Joanna12345 wrote:
Thank you for your reply. I was not specific enough. This phone is Samsung galaxy s3 and it has HSPA+ 850/900/1900/2100MHz but I am interested specifically in GPRS - it supports the following ranges for GPRS: 850/900/1800/1900. Will I be able to use the data plan?

HSPA or HSPDA, or HSPA+ is 3G/4G.  You would get talk text and data at 3/4G speed 

GPRS is 2G, and ATT has no 2G network.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) We are customers too, NOT employees. Our answers are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 6
Contributor

Ok thank you this is exactly what I needed to know Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 6
ACE - Expert

You're very welcome. 

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support