Explore & discover

Helpful Links

My cell phone only supports 3G - will it work?

Highlighted
Contributor

My cell phone only supports 3G - will it work?

Hi
My phone does not support 4G but only 3G - will it work in most of California?
Thanks
Joanna
Message 1 of 6
ACE - Sage

Re: My cell phone only supports 3G - will it work?

If it has HSPA bands 850 and 1900 it will do fine for talk and text.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6
Contributor

Thank you for your reply. I was not specific enough. This phone is Samsung galaxy s3 and it has HSPA+ 850/900/1900/2100MHz but I am interested specifically in GPRS - it supports the following ranges for GPRS: 850/900/1800/1900. Will I be able to use the data plan?
Thanks
Joanna
Message 3 of 6
ACE - Sage
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Sage (ACE - Sage)
Accepted by lizdance40
‎05-30-2017 4:23 AM

Joanna12345 wrote:
Thank you for your reply. I was not specific enough. This phone is Samsung galaxy s3 and it has HSPA+ 850/900/1900/2100MHz but I am interested specifically in GPRS - it supports the following ranges for GPRS: 850/900/1800/1900. Will I be able to use the data plan?

HSPA or HSPDA, or HSPA+ is 3G/4G.  You would get talk text and data at 3/4G speed 

GPRS is 2G, and ATT has no 2G network.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 6
Contributor

Ok thank you this is exactly what I needed to know Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 6
ACE - Sage

You're very welcome. 

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support