For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Check for service outages
d1r3vv0lf's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, July 27th, 2014 7:26 PM

MicroCell: Does anyone know the real answers?

I've been dealing with AT&T, our recent phone upgrade and signal issues at home.  They've recommended I buy a "MicroCell", but I cannot get a consistent straight answer from AT&T about it.

I've posted a full explanation of my adventure with CC and the store at http://techblog.lizardslounge.org/archives/12

But the short question is - what should a MicroCell cost, how do I get it for the "promised" price instead of the price insisted on by the stores, and will it require a monthly fee?

Perhaps most importantly, will this thing actually cure our signal problem?

Former Employee

• 

636 Messages

10 years ago

$199.

Every other pricing is promotional, here one day, gone the next, like a walmart sale.

You can wait for elusive 'special', but it may take a few months or a few years. No guarantees.

The microcell by itself doesn't require a fee. I saw an option plan where all calling via the microcell would be unlimited (assuming it wasn't already).

I saw another promotion at one time, where you get X back if you if you signed up for the $20 microcell at same time you got it.

So, unless you're trying to to complete the qualifications for a promotion, you don't need any plan, and the regulard $199 price is what you should expect unless you get lucky.

-Alex

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.