Helpful Links

MicroCell: Does anyone know the real answers?

Contributor

MicroCell: Does anyone know the real answers?

I've been dealing with AT&T, our recent phone upgrade and signal issues at home.  They've recommended I buy a "MicroCell", but I cannot get a consistent straight answer from AT&T about it.

I've posted a full explanation of my adventure with CC and the store at http://techblog.lizardslounge.org/archives/12

But the short question is - what should a MicroCell cost, how do I get it for the "promised" price instead of the price insisted on by the stores, and will it require a monthly fee?

Perhaps most importantly, will this thing actually cure our signal problem?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 2
Employee

Re: MicroCell: Does anyone know the real answers?

$199.

Every other pricing is promotional, here one day, gone the next, like a walmart sale.

You can wait for elusive 'special', but it may take a few months or a few years. No guarantees.

The microcell by itself doesn't require a fee. I saw an option plan where all calling via the microcell would be unlimited (assuming it wasn't already).

I saw another promotion at one time, where you get X back if you if you signed up for the $20 microcell at same time you got it.

So, unless you're trying to to complete the qualifications for a promotion, you don't need any plan, and the regulard $199 price is what you should expect unless you get lucky.

-Alex

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support