For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Check for service outages
chucks4mah's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, September 9th, 2016 4:15 PM

LTE signal strength has dropped

15 year ATT customer with LTE capable Iphones. Coverage at my home was orginally somewhat weak and over the years improved to essentially full strength. Beginning July/Aug 2016 signal strengh and call quality dropped to 1 or 2 bars.  Calls drop or break up.  No change in phones used and everyone on the account having same issue.

Called ATT and was told the trees have more leaves now and to buy a microcell.  Really?    

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

8 years ago

I'm in the same boat.  I had a very nice woman from tech support explain it to me.  Towers aim service where there are customers.  It seems my area has more Verizon customers.  Sad as I am, I am forced to give up a great plan and switch.  Smiley Sad

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

7 years ago

With my S6 just started seeing the low signal levels in the last 10 days or so.  First call to Tech they "re-registered" my phone. At the time seemed to do the trick, untill the next morning when I had to restart because I could not get on internet when not on WiFi. So called again, and this nice Tech woman told me that as long as I can make and receive calls with one or 2 bars, that is normal. No expaination as to why was great for almost a year and then...

Guru

• 

691 Messages

7 years ago

What areas are you guys experiencing the poor LTE strength? I'm in the Denver, CO area and experiencing exactly the same issues. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I'm having the issue in a northwest Chicago suburb.

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

7 years ago

I just came upon this community thread when I was googling "AT&T low LTE signal". 

I am am experiencing this as well. 1 year ago I would get a -95 dBm signal in my house.  Today I get -109 dBm in the same place on band 17. What happened?

i live in the Harrisburg PA area and work to n York PA. I experience the same low LTE signal in York. 

My locked AT&T phone frequently drops LTE. Something on AT&T's end is different. I've tried other phones and get the same results. 

AT&T used to advertise that they had the strongest LTE signal. I used to agree. I no longer do. 

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

In
I first noticed this happen in july/august of 2015. Used to get nearly full service everywhere i went, was a truck driver. Typically along the main highways always had full bars. Then one day it dropped. Typically 3 at most, will occasionally see 4 bars but it drops right back to 3 seconds later

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Happens to me in Chicago downtown; everyday between 9-11 am LTE data does not work. Phone works fine. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I am having this problem also. I have found that if I turn off LTE I get more bars on 4G. Sometimes even full bars. I have bought a booster but so far it has not helped much. I have just got rid of mu ATT Internet and voip home phone because they kept failing and after 10 tech visits it was still not solved. It seem like the once great Ma-Bell has seen her best days and is heading into a Sears death slide. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.