Explore & discover

Helpful Links

LTE signal strength has dropped

Contributor

LTE signal strength has dropped

15 year ATT customer with LTE capable Iphones. Coverage at my home was orginally somewhat weak and over the years improved to essentially full strength. Beginning July/Aug 2016 signal strengh and call quality dropped to 1 or 2 bars.  Calls drop or break up.  No change in phones used and everyone on the account having same issue.

Called ATT and was told the trees have more leaves now and to buy a microcell.  Really?    

Message 1 of 8
ACE - Expert

Re: LTE signal strength has dropped

I'm in the same boat.  I had a very nice woman from tech support explain it to me.  Towers aim service where there are customers.  It seems my area has more Verizon customers.  Sad as I am, I am forced to give up a great plan and switch.  Smiley Sad

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) We are customers too, NOT employees. Our answers are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 8
Teacher

With my S6 just started seeing the low signal levels in the last 10 days or so.  First call to Tech they "re-registered" my phone. At the time seemed to do the trick, untill the next morning when I had to restart because I could not get on internet when not on WiFi. So called again, and this nice Tech woman told me that as long as I can make and receive calls with one or 2 bars, that is normal. No expaination as to why was great for almost a year and then...

Message 3 of 8
ACE - Guru

What areas are you guys experiencing the poor LTE strength? I'm in the Denver, CO area and experiencing exactly the same issues. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 8
Contributor

I'm having the issue in a northwest Chicago suburb.
Message 5 of 8
Teacher

I just came upon this community thread when I was googling "AT&T low LTE signal". 

I am am experiencing this as well. 1 year ago I would get a -95 dBm signal in my house.  Today I get -109 dBm in the same place on band 17. What happened?

i live in the Harrisburg PA area and work to n York PA. I experience the same low LTE signal in York. 

My locked AT&T phone frequently drops LTE. Something on AT&T's end is different. I've tried other phones and get the same results. 

AT&T used to advertise that they had the strongest LTE signal. I used to agree. I no longer do. 

Message 6 of 8

In
I first noticed this happen in july/august of 2015. Used to get nearly full service everywhere i went, was a truck driver. Typically along the main highways always had full bars. Then one day it dropped. Typically 3 at most, will occasionally see 4 bars but it drops right back to 3 seconds later
Message 7 of 8
Contributor

Happens to me in Chicago downtown; everyday between 9-11 am LTE data does not work. Phone works fine. 

Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support