For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Check for service outages
deenalove08's profile

Guru

• 

901 Messages

Wednesday, May 28th, 2014 9:02 PM

LTE in San Diego

For the past few months I have been having issues with getting LTE in many parts of San Diego.  I have an iPhone 5S.  I was at Petco park and had slow internet connection.  I get Edge in some parts of North County (North San Diego County).  I have used Mark The Spot app, I have reset my network settings, I even got a new SIM card.  Another person on my contract who has the LG G2 and he has been having issues too.  So it isn't Apple.  Can anyone tell me what I can do to get this fixed?

Thanks

Guru

• 

901 Messages

10 years ago

AT&T, I am wondering if anyone saw my post and is able to tell me what I can do to get this issue fixed. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

I do not believe that AT&T looks at this forum. To me, it sounds like you are experiencing network congestion and capacity issues. The best thing to do is use the Mark the Spot application and call into Customer Care so they can let the networking department become aware of the issue you are encountering. And also, for a short term solution, perhaps you should disable LTE on your phone so you can get on the 4G HSPA+ network. Maybe the HSPA+ network is not as congested. Oftentimes, I find that during congested times of the day and in metropolitan areas, the speeds found on the 4G HSPA+ network are faster than on the 4G LTE network. Hope this helps.

Guru

• 

901 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you for the reply, but I have had AT&T reply to my posts on here before.  I have not call Customer Care, but I have used the Mark the Spot and have talked to reps at a corporate AT&T store and they said that they will replace the SIM card, but if it was still acting up that it was the phone(apple).  Then I talked to my friend who is on my contract and found that his phone was too acting up that it wasn't apples fault. I will try calling tomorrow to see if they can help.  Thank you again for the suggestions. 

Guru

• 

901 Messages

10 years ago

Oh yeah the time that I get the issues in one of the areas is at 5:30 in the morning. Don't think that it would be congested at that time. 

Guru

• 

901 Messages

10 years ago

So I talked to Paige with ATT, and found out that there are some towers deteriorating in the areas that I visit frequently. Supposedly they were to be fixed yesterday. I will see how my coverage is today and tomorrow.

Guru

• 

901 Messages

10 years ago

Ok so in Carlsbad 92008 the service is better, but I was in San Marcos 92078 cross streets Hillhaven Dr and Linda Vista Dr and the data speed is slow.  Is AT&T working on the towers here in San Diego for the VoLTE the reason that a lot of the areas are having slow data?

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, deenalove08!

Thanks for posting. I'm glad your service seems to be better in Carlsbad. As for the San Marcos area, I would follow tomms11's advice and use AT&T's Mark the Spot app to report the coverage issues. This will send us another notification to have a tech look into this for you.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. 

-Mariana

Guru

• 

901 Messages

10 years ago

Well the mark the spot app doesn't work on anything but iPhones. My friend who is on my account lives in this area and he uses android. So he is unable to use this app therefore the best thing for me is either call CS or go on here. Going on here let's other people know that that there are issues in this area. 

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, again!

The Mark the Spot app is in fact available for Android. Is your friend having trouble downloading it to his Android device? If so, has he done some basic troubleshooting and checked to make sure that his phone's software is up to date?

-Mariana

Guru

• 

901 Messages

10 years ago

Yeah he has done the troubleshooting for this issue. I know that for this app on android that it has a lot of bad reviews saying that it doesn't work. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.