For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Check for service outages
bfinleyui's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, October 8th, 2014 7:36 PM

LTE Bands in my area?

I'm wondering if you can please tell me what band(s) AT&T LTE uses in my area.  I'm looking at possibly buying an off-contract phone from a third party and want to be sure it matches with the LTE available in my area, Iowa City, IA.

Thank you.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

bands 2,4,5,17 have to be in the phone for it to work with LTE.  Each tower could have a different band in your area.  Here in central IL we have 4,5,17 in a 35 mile drive from work to home.

LTE discovery from the play store will tell you what band your on if your using android

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

I live in Wheeling, IL and thinking of purchasing the Hongmi Note Enhanced Version 5.5.

I just don't know how to interprete its LTE specs, to be sure I'll be able utilize them in my area.

Can you help? Here are the specs from Amazon page: 

Network: 4G (FDD-LTE 1800/2100MHz/TDD-LTE 2600MHz) 3G (WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100MHz) 2G (GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz)

Thak you in advance.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

9 years ago

@ c0mmun1cat0r
I am guessing not. As an international version, you will have no warranty coverage in the USA.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

I have a Sony Xperia XZ1 G8341 Globally Unlocked with LTE-A Cat. 16 download/ LTE-A Cat. 4 upload. There is a Free App on Google Play called "LTE Discovery" that I use to check the LTE band I'm connected to, and to see the cell level in order to see how much carrier aggression I am receiving: Level 4 means 4x carrier aggression or LTE-A Cat. 13 through LTE-A Cat. 16 (4 lanes per cell x 4 cells gives you Cat. 16), Level 3 means 3x carrier aggression or LTE-A Cat. 9 through LTE-A Cat. 12 (4 lanes per cell x 3 cells gives you Cat. 12), etc. So right now at my apartment in Toledo, OH I am on Band 2 with a Level 3 tower connection, resulting in me getting LTE-A Cat. 12 speeds. When I lived across the street from the tower, I would have Level 4 tower connection, resulting in LTE-A Cat. 16 speeds, which is a huge difference: Cat. 12 speeds I'm getting about 45-60Mbps download/10-12Mbps upload whereas LTE-A Cat. 16 speeds im getting 100-125Mbps download/ 18-30Mbps upload.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.