Explore & discover

Helpful Links

LTE Bands in my area?

Highlighted
Contributor

LTE Bands in my area?

I'm wondering if you can please tell me what band(s) AT&T LTE uses in my area.  I'm looking at possibly buying an off-contract phone from a third party and want to be sure it matches with the LTE available in my area, Iowa City, IA.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by bfinleyui
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: LTE Bands in my area?

bands 2,4,5,17 have to be in the phone for it to work with LTE.  Each tower could have a different band in your area.  Here in central IL we have 4,5,17 in a 35 mile drive from work to home.

LTE discovery from the play store will tell you what band your on if your using android

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 4

I live in Wheeling, IL and thinking of purchasing the Hongmi Note Enhanced Version 5.5.

I just don't know how to interprete its LTE specs, to be sure I'll be able utilize them in my area.

Can you help? Here are the specs from Amazon page: 

Network: 4G (FDD-LTE 1800/2100MHz/TDD-LTE 2600MHz) 3G (WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100MHz) 2G (GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz)

Thak you in advance.

Message 3 of 4
ACE - Sage

@ c0mmun1cat0r
I am guessing not. As an international version, you will have no warranty coverage in the USA.
(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support