Check for service outages
Beckster22's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Wednesday, October 25th, 2017 8:36 PM

I added the International plan and calls automatically end after about 5 seconds. What am I doing wrong?

I added the international plan while I'm in Mexico to call back home to US. It isn't working, I dial +1 areacode number and it automatically ends call after about 5 seconds. What am I doing wrong??

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

Well that explains it.  There is no roaming plan addition for Gophone.  You added a long distance plan for calling FROM the US TO other countries.  It doesn’t cover roaming out of the US

You must have a $45 plan or higher to roam in Mexico or Canada with no charges.

https://www.att.com/prepaid/plans.html

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

You do not dial a 1 when calling another US number.  Dial the number as if you were in the US.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@lizdance40 It shouldn’t matter, the call should go through either way, with the +1 or without. There must be some other reason for the calls failing. @Beckster22, what plan do you have and what international plan did you add? If you have postpaid service, make sure you have the international “pay per use” feature on your account.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

I have the $30/mo Gophone plan. I added international calling just for this month but it will not work. Whenever I try to call the US there is a message in Spanish I don't understand. I can't text either as they do not go thru. Very disappointed as I wanted to use my phone here. I tried dialling with and without the prefix numbers. Anyone have an idea??

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

As @lizdance40 points out, only the $45 and $65 plans include calls from Mexico, all other plans are charged by the minute. @Beckster22 Since you don’t have one of those plans, your calls aren’t going through likely because you don’t have enough money on your account to pay for the calls. You need to add money to your account.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

Ugh! Why is it offered to where I can add it on my account! So disappointing! Thanks all for the info. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

@Beckster22  You have to add the right plan.  You specifically added a long distance plan.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.