Check for service outages
pata_nahin's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, July 15th, 2014 11:20 PM

International Roaming

Hi,

i purchased a sim card from AT&T store . its not phone , just a sim card and using in my own unlocked phone. Now i am travelling in Pakistan and i need to recieve sms on my US number and i am not getting how to get "international romaing" active on my "sim card" . I tried calling on 1-800-331-0500 and after a wait for 20 minutes , a lady spoke to me again put me on hold for another 10 minutes and came to say "we can not enable roaming on your phone" while i am saying to here its not a "phone" i am asking its a sim card but she was insisting that my phone is not listed and something while i never purcahsed any phone from AT&T .

My simple Question is :

is ther any way to get my AT&T prepaid sim card active in Pakistan or outside of USA , if yes then HOW ?

Guru

• 

450 Messages

10 years ago

Hi @pata_nahin 

Did you ever place your SIM Card into your unlocked device while in the US? If your SIM card never hit AT&T's network, your card would not show active and therefore not have any service. GoPhone service does support international roaming but keep in mind you need to have an active GoPhone account (with a balance that hasn't expired yet) in order to receive any SMS, MMS or calling. 

If you are outside of the US and your GoPhone is active, you can call +1.916.843.4685 which is a direct line to AT&T International Roaming support. This a free call from your AT&T SIM card. 

Hope this helps!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I would definitely contact them to make sure it is activated, although I would have done it and made sure before traveling outside the U.S. just simply dial 611 and press send or go online and register.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

"My simple Question is :

is ther any way to get my AT&T prepaid sim card active in Pakistan or outside of USA , if yes then HOW?"

Actually here is your problem, AT&T prepaid service, or Pay as you Go, only supports roaming in Mexico and Canada (Link), it will not work in Pakistan.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

• 

2 Messages

@ATTDmitriyCM

Will postpaid services sim will work in Pakistan? I mean brand new, that has never been used outside of US?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.