For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Check for service outages
MFarmerSPE's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, July 3rd, 2015 8:23 PM

International Roaming

Hello all, I just arrived in Europe for my honeymoon. My wife and I just made the switch to AT&T. I got a Galaxy S5 and she got an IPhone 5S. We have been trying for the past couple of hours to get our phones to text, call, do anything. We've tried restarting them, switching Carrier to "Manual" selection, etc. We show full bars indicating some kind of signal, and when we go to "manual" select, we see several Greek carriers. But whenever we try to select any of those carriers, it gives an error message saying "Your Sim card does not allow a connection to this network" or "network (BLANK) not available."

We're getting 5 bars of signal from SOME network, and AT&T's coverage map shows that it's possible to get all manner of coverage in these countries. We even bought the Passport plan through them. Would kind of suck if we bought that plan and ended up unable to connect to a network... any suggestions?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

9 years ago

Do you have international roaming enabled on each of your lines? That is not the same as Passport. International roaming is a $0 cost feature that must be enabled on each line in order to roam. If you do not have that feature enabled, I believe you can add it back online.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Hey, thanks for the response. We talked to an AT&T rep and told them we were going abroad. Talked about Passport, had then add that feature. I've never had to activate my phone for international before, it was always automatically set that way. Wonder why the rep never mentioned "Hey, since we're talking about you going international and paying for this Passport thing, you might want to be activated for international," lol.

I cannot find this feature to activate it online. I'm limited to mobile device browsing only, no computer. And I obviously can't call them to activate. So how can I get it activated?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

9 years ago

I see the option to add this when I am logged into my account on an iPad. If you have the MyATT app, you can do it there also. From a mobile browser you need to login to your account, select the line you want and then under the wireless menu, select "View International Options"

Your other option would be to send a personal message to @ATTMobilityCare but they may not respond on a weekend.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.