Explore & discover

Helpful Links

International Calls: Land, Water, Snow, Be Ready Before You Go

Community Support

International Calls: Land, Water, Snow, Be Ready Before You Go

Travel_Update.png

Planning on traveling outside of the country? Are you going on a one day trip? Wondering what is the best International Data plan while you are away?  Wondering what your bill is going to look like? If you have these questions or any others, join us for our next Knowledge Sharing Session, International Calls: Land, Water, Snow, Be Ready Before You Go, where the AT&T experts will be there to answer your questions!

Traveling before our Knowledge Sharing Session? Not to worry, you can still check out our plans to see what best suits your needs!

Not sure what plan works for you, you can check with our Online Travel Tool Based on your destination!

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 70
ACE - Expert

Re: International Calls: Land, Water, Snow, Be Ready Before You Go

@Fl_retire Not really an article but a forum much like this one. Lots of speculation but no real answer as to why taxes are so high, at least not that I saw.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 61 of 70
ACE - Professor

@pdiddync
You can try and get it unlocked,
it can be use in NL 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 62 of 70
Community Support

@sandblaster,

In addition to the $10 fee for International Day Pay other monthly charges may include applicable taxes, and federal and state universal service charges. Unfortunately, I don't think we really have a way of knowing what those fees might be - from location to location. That part is out of our hands.

Thanks,

The AT&T Community Team

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 63 of 70
Community Manager

All,

This hour we will have our final pop-quiz of the day. The first logged in person to reply with the correct answer will win a $25 gift card!

In order to participate you ...

1. Must be registered and signed in as a Forum user. So if you haven't signed in or registered with the AT&T Community Forum, do so now!
  2. Must reply with the correct answer to our multiple choice question (A, B, C or D)
  3. Must only reply once per question.
  4. Must be 18-years old or older.
  5. Must not be an employee of AT&T or any of it's affiliated companies or partners
  6. You are not allowed to be a repeat winner. You can only win once.

Good luck!

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open only to legal residents of the United States & District of Columbia, 18 years of age or older. Void where prohibited. Subject to Official Rules at https://forums.att.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/contest-rules#contest-five. Sponsored by AT&T Services, Inc., 208 S. Akard, Dallas, Texas 75202.

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Message 64 of 70
Community Manager

Here it goes...

What does AT&T Passport NOT provide travelers?

1. Unlimited messaging
  2. Affordable calling rates
  3. A new set of luggage
  4. A cellular data usage allowance.

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open only to legal residents of the United States & District of Columbia, 18 years of age or older. Void where prohibited. Subject to Official Rules at https://forums.att.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/contest-rules#contest-five. Sponsored by AT&T Services, Inc., 208 S. Akard, Dallas, Texas 75202

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Message 65 of 70
Tutor

C

Message 66 of 70
ACE - Expert

@ATTCustomerCare wrote:

@sandblaster,

In addition to the $10 fee for International Day Pay other monthly charges may include applicable taxes, and federal and state universal service charges. Unfortunately, I don't think we really have a way of knowing what those fees might be - from location to location. That part is out of our hands.

Thanks,

The AT&T Community Team

Still 30% is extremely high. Verizon has a similar daily plan yet I’ve never seen anyone report rates that high. It suggests to me that the various taxes and federal and state universal charges are being charged differently by the two companies. That shouldn’t be. 

Message 67 of 70
Community Manager

@david.9

That's correct! Congratulations. Please keep an eye on your private messages for your prize information.

Thanks

Rethink Possible

Message 68 of 70
Community Support

@sandblaster,

I definitely understand your frustration. Unfortunately, we really have limited information available on possible taxes, surcharges, and fees that might be added determined by federal, state, and local laws.

For a more detailed explanation of this process, you may want to check out: https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1022940

Thanks,

AT&T Community Team

AT&T Customer Care

Message 69 of 70
Community Manager

Thank you so much for joining us today everyone! This session is now closed, but if you have any other questions, please feel free to post them on the forums.

We want to thank all our participants today:

@adidaskid808
@ATTCustomerCare
@david.9
@Fl_retire
@Jrandomuser
@kschuetze
@KYL0REN
@lizdance40
@NotTheDroids
@pdiddync
@sandblaster
@shlars1936
@TecGirlGuru
@WeAll-verse
@YoureSoCool

Big KUDOS to all of you for your great questions and answers!

We'll see you next time,

AT&T Community Team

Rethink Possible

Message 70 of 70
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support