Explore & discover

Helpful Links

International Calls: Land, Water, Snow, Be Ready Before You Go

Community Support

International Calls: Land, Water, Snow, Be Ready Before You Go

Travel_Update.png

Planning on traveling outside of the country? Are you going on a one day trip? Wondering what is the best International Data plan while you are away?  Wondering what your bill is going to look like? If you have these questions or any others, join us for our next Knowledge Sharing Session, International Calls: Land, Water, Snow, Be Ready Before You Go, where the AT&T experts will be there to answer your questions!

Traveling before our Knowledge Sharing Session? Not to worry, you can still check out our plans to see what best suits your needs!

Not sure what plan works for you, you can check with our Online Travel Tool Based on your destination!

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 70
ACE - Expert

Re: International Calls: Land, Water, Snow, Be Ready Before You Go

@NotTheDroids It does not cost you anything provided your ATT phone is working. The call to international support from your mobile phone is free.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 46 of 70
Employee

@NotTheDroids wrote:

How much does it cost to contact AT&T support if I have international calling issues while abroad?

@NotTheDroids

Excellent question. When traveling outside the U.S., customers can call +1-314-925-6925, 24/7 free from their AT&T wireless phone. You can also check out www.att.com/international for all of your international needs

@sandblaster

Thanks for your quick response

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 47 of 70
ACE - Sage

Just for comparison, I went without any plan at all (pay per use, which can be expensive).

I spent $26 last time out of the country.  I used Wifi calling home.  I received a few text and used a tiny bit of data.  I checked in when in the room using Wifi.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 48 of 70

Thanks, @KYL0REN and @sandblaster!

Message 49 of 70
ACE - Expert

@pdiddync If I were gone 4-5 months and could not count on WiFi calling, I would go with the $60 passport plan. Others would get their phones unlocked and purchase a local sim.

Message 50 of 70
ACE - Professor

@pdiddync What kind of phone and plan you have with AT&T ???

Message 51 of 70

@lizdance40

Thank you for your response!

All requests for an unlock codes can be found via the online portal at www.att.com/deviceunlock.

Message 52 of 70
Tutor

@lizdance40, how long were you out of the country when you racked up $26?

Message 53 of 70
Highlighted
Tutor

@TecGirlGuru, that link to unlock does not work. 

Message 54 of 70
ACE - Sage

9 days.  But like I said, I used Wifi call and text to keep in touch with home.  That’s free.  Incoming text was free.  I sent a few text home and used a little data.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 55 of 70
ACE - Sage

@pdiddync

Try https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/#/

Message 56 of 70
Community Support

Sorry about that, @pdiddync.

The link has been corrected in the post: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock

Thanks,

The AT&T Community Team

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

Message 57 of 70
ACE - Professor

@sandblaster. Read this article. In my opinion seems like federal and local governments think if you can afford to travel overseas you can afford the higher fees. 

https://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1895318-Beware-International-Day-Pass-comes-with-30-Tax

Message 58 of 70
Tutor

@adidaskid808 iphone 8 plus, not exactly sure of the plan. Unlimited here. 

Message 59 of 70
Tutor

That could get expensive for 5 months!

Message 60 of 70
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support