Explore & discover

Helpful Links

International Calls: Land, Water, Snow, Be Ready Before You Go

Community Support

International Calls: Land, Water, Snow, Be Ready Before You Go

Travel_Update.png

Planning on traveling outside of the country? Are you going on a one day trip? Wondering what is the best International Data plan while you are away?  Wondering what your bill is going to look like? If you have these questions or any others, join us for our next Knowledge Sharing Session, International Calls: Land, Water, Snow, Be Ready Before You Go, where the AT&T experts will be there to answer your questions!

Traveling before our Knowledge Sharing Session? Not to worry, you can still check out our plans to see what best suits your needs!

Not sure what plan works for you, you can check with our Online Travel Tool Based on your destination!

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 70
Employee

Re: International Calls: Land, Water, Snow, Be Ready Before You Go

@Jrandomuser wrote:

@KYL0REN - yes.  Assuming I unlocked my phone and got local SIMs as I traveled, what would change?

@Jrandomuser

Assuming you have an AT&T branded device, that device is designed for use on the AT&T network. Refer to att.com/travelguide for a comprehensive list of available network types in other countries. You may no longer have access to features such as AT&T voicemail or AT&T Wi-Fi Calling from your device.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 31 of 70
Community Manager

@shlars1936

Correct!!! It is D, all of the above, and many, many more.

Please keep an eye on your private messages on the Forums as we'll be reaching out with your prize information.

Congratulations!

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Message 32 of 70
Mentor

b

Message 33 of 70
Community Manager

Hi @kschuetze

Someone has already claimed a prize for this question, but we're going to have another in a little bit, so please stay tunes for that.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Message 34 of 70
Tutor

C

Message 35 of 70
ACE - Master

@adidaskid808 - I understand the savings, that's why I'd go with it Smiley Happy.  (And with roaming going away in Europe, you wouldn't even need to get local SIMs everywhere).

@KYL0REN - I'd assume radio/protocol compatibility and such, or Passport wouldn't work either.  Loss of voicemail or WiFi calling (which I've never used, but which might actually be useful when traveling overseas) are the sorts of things I'm asking about.  I assume voicemail is still actually there, perhaps just not accessible.  (Being able to access it online through the myAT&T app or website - like Google Voice provides - would be helpful for this, but I guess there isn't much incentive for ATT to provide that.)  I'm trying to think of other features/capabilities that would be tied to the ATT network and plan rather than to the phone - none come to mind, but I've never done it...

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 36 of 70
Tutor

Looking for best option for the Netherlands for extended stay. 

Message 37 of 70
ACE - Sage

@pdiddync  How long is extended?  Unlocking your phone and using local service is usual best for longer than a month 

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 38 of 70

@pdiddync

Good Question, to assure the best option is provided may I ask how long will you be in the Netherlands?

Message 39 of 70
ACE - Expert

@pdiddync Best option depends on length of stay and intended usage. If you have a WiFi calling capable phone and expect to have ready access to WiFi, quite possibly no international plan is need.

Message 40 of 70

How much does it cost to contact AT&T support if I have international calling issues while abroad?

Message 41 of 70
ACE - Expert

Can anyone explain why taxes and fees are so high on the international day pass? Most customers report after taxes and fees are added getting billed around $13 per day. That’s 30%. 

Message 42 of 70
Highlighted
Tutor

4-5 months!

Message 43 of 70
Tutor

4-5  months. How do we go about unlocking? 

Message 44 of 70
ACE - Professor

@sandblaster Good call Man Wink
I just remember last week I was message @lizdance40 about the WiFi
reception in one of the big hotel chain in USA .Man Indifferent

Message 45 of 70
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...

Are you Missing Your BOGO Credits? If so, QuarryRye can you help figure out what happened and what to do about it!

Additional Support