Check for service outages
AshleyGrebe's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, September 25th, 2016 8:57 PM

Impossible to get reception in my home and anywhere around the area... cannot get any assistance!

I have contact AT&T several times about this issue and have not received any useful answers. I cannot get effective reception in or around my home. I cannot make or receive calls. This was not always this case, but within the last few months the reception here disappeared. My phone itself is not the issue- a representative checked this thoroughly- and the issue exists with other phones on AT&T networks in the home as well. 

I am sure that you can understand how incredibly frustrating this is, as I need to use my devise at home regularly. I do not get calls at home (they go straight to voicemail, and I'm not notified of the voicemail until I am away from home in a place that reception is available. My calls that do go through are dropped almost immediately and have no call quality. 

I have spent hours on online chat with representatives trying to resolve this (since speaking to representatives on the phone is not an option...), and am still without a solution. All I was told is that there are towers down in my area and they aren't sure when they will be fixed. I was promised contact by senior representatives, which never occurred. I'm not sure what to do at this point, because I am ready to switch wireless suppliers but will be charged large penalties for 'violating my contract'. I do not feel that this is fair since the service I have been paying for basically does not exist. 

My last online chat case number was CM20160820_117369958.

I am desperate for a solution to this. 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

What kind of plan do you have?  Minute plan? next phone?

(Trying to determine your "penalties").

Some of the other carriers will cover those costs to get you to switch.

If you don't have coverage you need, it's time to switch.

This is the AT&T community forum (not AT&T support).

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

8 years ago

Your options are switch, which is top on the list, add a microcell, which will help at home if you have home wifi, or a phone with wifi calling ability.  

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 years ago

If towers are really down, there isn't much that can be done but talking to or chatting with customer service is unlikely to do anything. Customer service reps simply don't have visibility into network operations. The best way to report poor coverage is to download the Mark the Spot app. The app provides data directly to the network engineers and if there is anything they can do to fix it, they will. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Thank you for all your replies. 

Yes, I've downloaded and used that "Mark the Spot" App. That's a great tool, so I hope it will help give good information.

I have a plan for 2 iphones with shared minutes, data, unlimited text. My greatest penalty, as far as I see it, is for paying off the device itself. That's interesting that other companies might cover some cost to switch, I will look into that. 

The micro cell is an interesting option. Do you all know if AT&T will provide those?

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

You can also explore Booster options, the ones by Wilson and MobileForce have worked very well for me, while traveling.

They do require *some* signal to start though; if there's nothing, they can't boost it. A weak signal is generally a great signal for me, when I use mine, traveling through the mountains and similar.

On the "mark the spot" app, if you go back in, you typically see a message, that indicated the status of the outage, for your report area.

You can keep checking back as well, and I've gotten a message after it was fixed too, which is handy to know.

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

What model iPhones? If it's 6 and above just turn on WiFi calling.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Just turned it on... didn't know I had that feature! So glad I posted on here 🙂 Hope this will help!

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 years ago

@AshleyGrebe It will. I've never had good coverage in my home. With wifi calling, I've now got great coverage. 

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

Yeah WiFi-Calling will enable your devices to get and rec calls without signal.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

@AshleyGrebe wrote:

Just turned it on... didn't know I had that feature! So glad I posted on here 🙂

Hope this will help!

Can you give the forum some feedback in a few days ans to how this solution works for you?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.