For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Check for service outages
arionly's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, July 16th, 2017 10:57 PM

How fast is 4G data

How fast is 4G data.  I pay for 30 GB of cellular data.  How many Mbps should I get?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

I have a Samsung Note 3.   I have goggle fiber at home.  My phone is able to get 89 Mbps download and 97 Mbps upload phenomenal, right but when I use my 4G network I'm getting 2 bars.  I'm not in the best area and this is a Sunday which should be better in an industrial area...

I'm running a test with testmy.net  my average is 13 Mbps -- is this typical for high-speed data, 4G lte with AT&T?

Does AT&T have a tool to test my cellular data speed?

What speeds should I expect?  I getting from 1.4 Mbps to 30 Mbps.  What should I expect and how can I maximize?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

Speeds for any network will vary with location.  It's all determined by what the tower is putting out.

I've been plotting reception and speed with Verizon and ATT.  I was expecting a definitive difference, which might sway me into switching.  But I found both are neck in neck in various areas for speed and reception.  I get anywhere from 3 mbps up to 40 mbps.  

So in short, your speeds are normal.  You cannot compare wifi speed with cellular. You won't get 180 mbps on cellular like I get on wifi.  

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@arionly Seems normal to me.  

Depends where you are and where the tower is and how busy the tower is at the time. I get completely different speeds at 8PM and at 2AM in exactly the same location.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.