Check for service outages
aauubbss's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, April 1st, 2015 6:43 PM

How does Mobile Insurance work?

Suppose my phone is malfunctioning and feezing alot more frequently. Do I have to contact "Asurion" and tell them about my phone? Will they ship me a new well working phone? Just like that? Can someone please tell me exactly how their replacement went? I also need to know how much i need to pay exactly. I just really need a new phone because i still have quite the few months of my service left and i can't keep using this phone or else i'll still be paying for a non working phone withing 2-3 months.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

9 years ago

I contacted Asurion they told me how much the deductible was and sent me another phone. I then had to send back to defective phone in a prepaid shipping package. I have had no problems with shipping the phone back but several other customers have. (don't know if it was insurance claims or just trade in program). I would look into your own tracking as people are stating the tracking isn't working and if they don't recieve the defective unit they will charge for the phone.The deductible will be charged on your next bill.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Insurance Asurian biggest scam artists today & AT&T backs them up.  Sends broken phones that don't have working on/off buttons and go buttons then argues with you to see if you are using it properly???? It should be an easy exchange.  In fact, replaced phones have a 1 yr warranty but they don't actually tell you that.  They do tell you they checked the phones ... they are either liars or dumb.  Refurbished pcs of junk.  No care for their customers.

1st phone received from a lost/stolen ins claim cost $125 but the phones on/off and go buttons did not work?!  When we called they threatened dropping ins for second claim.  It was right after and it was clearly a warranty issue.  2nd replacement on warranty after 1 hr of arguing on the phone, produced another phone after 7days in mail? which did not have a working on/off button.  AGAIN, ugh!   We send it back and somehow it gets cracks on the screen that it is completely unworkable.  Warranty people (AT&T - nobody really knows) send it back to us with a $545 bill ?!   Screen was not broken when we sent it.   It is so broken that it's unusable and we told them to check our usage; it was clearly being used a lot.  Of course they did not bother fixing the on/off button and kept our $125.  They didn't even bother sending a shipping label to return the newer $545 one.  The screen is irrelevant.  They should never have sent junk refurbished phones and argued about the WARRANTY issue in the first place.  They should take responsibility for sending junk phones and their handing of the claim, and my time on the phone.  To top it off, they never bothered sending a shipping label either.  

I'm afraid to send the latest one back and have them say this one is damaged too???  

DON'T TRUST THEM.  

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

9 years ago

Sorry you had such a bad a experience. You do have to know if the claim should go to ins. Or warranty If you don't know, ask ATT customer support.

From the problems other customers have had, the recommendations I have are:
1. Go to an ATT corporate store and have an employee note its condition going into the box.
2. Take pictures for proof, note that photos were taken and with who.
3. Pack per request with employee present.
4. Ship with insurance for full value.

Cross fingers and hope you covered all your bases.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

NO I DON'T. I TELL THEM WHAT THE PROBLEM IS & THEY SHOULD HAVE SAID IT'S A
WARRANTY ISSUE. AND NO THERE IS NO REASON FOR SOMEONE TO NOT TRUST THEM &
TAKE PICTURES ETC., ETC. BUT FOR THIS ONE, IF THEY EVER SEND A RETURN
ADDRESS LABEL, I WILL BE SENDING IT BACK AFTER A PICTURE. RIDICULOUS.
They should also check out the amt of time I was on the phone w/them and
the rest of my 'story' and see it fits but they are too fixated on getting
revenue not using any sense or caring about a customers concerns. All
five phones and one business one are off contract and I'm looking at
switching now.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

In my case the deductible was $200 for my IPhone 5S which is totally ridiculous !! This was more $ than my cost of a brand new IPhome 5S @ $175.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

@380Barrenwood.   The deductible on tier D is $225 for the first 6 months, then $168 until 12 months, then $112.  

Just like any insurance, it should be reviewed regularly to see if it makes sense.  

Insurance is provided by Asurion, not ATT.  Asurion is the provider for all carriers.  Insurance is not required.  

I don't use insurance, but I also don't buy phones on installments 

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks for you reply.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.