Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Future coverage in Puerto Rico

Highlighted
Contributor

Future coverage in Puerto Rico

ATT has just announced (October 9, 2019) that it will sell its operations in Puerto Rico to a company called Liberty.  What impact will that have on ATT subscribers in the US mainland? For example, once the sale is concluded, will ATT mainland subscribers be subject to roaming or international charges/fees when calling to or from Puerto Rico? 

Message 1 of 4
Contributor

Re: Future coverage in Puerto Rico

I would really like an answer to this question too.  There are a lot of people who travel from the mainland to PR for extended periods to visit family and the like.  Will we have seamless no-charge coverage with Liberty or not?

Message 2 of 4
ACE - Expert

No one knows the answer yet. I would expect ATT will have a roaming agreement with Liberty and there will be no roaming charges. Liberty has already said their customers will have no roaming charges on the mainland but until ATT makes an announcement, no one knows.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 4
Contributor

Ok - thanks!  I will keep my fingers crossed that any roaming agreement includes data & hotspots. 

Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
NEW - Take a look at our best value & price ever for unlimited wireless - AT&T Unlimited Starter and AT&T Unlimited Extra plans!

Additional Support