Does the mark the spot app work when using Cricket wireless?

Contributor

Does the mark the spot app work when using Cricket wireless?

Does the "mark the spot" app work when using Cricket wireless?

Message 1 of 4 (450 Views)
Employee

Re: Does the mark the spot app work when using Cricket wireless?

I have never heard of mark the spot running on a non att phone, if I had to guess though I would say no. 

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 4 (400 Views)
ACE - Master

marshallwade wrote:

Does the "mark the spot" app work when using Cricket wireless?

I don't see why it wouldn't work but it probably wouldn't have the effect you might want.  The app is only used to report to AT&T possible issues with their network infrastructure.  I have used it while on wifi, so I don't see why you couldn't use it while on a Cricket data connection.  It won't report Cricket network issues to Cricket, it will report all issues to AT&T as if they were AT&T netowrk issues, so dependign upon how you want to use it, it might not do what you want, but it should work.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 4 (387 Views)
Contributor

Cricket wireless is owned by AT&T and of course uses their network. I have the app on my phone and have used it a couple of times. Because it is a prepaid service and not specifically labled, like Go phone, I didn't know if the information submitted by the app is used to help better the network or if it is ignored.

Message 4 of 4 (370 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.