Check for service outages
mom23tkids's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Tuesday, June 9th, 2009 1:45 PM

Closed

Does AT&T have the *228 option to update your coverage like some other companies do?

I know that Verizon has this & one other company does.  Do we have the option?  I don't know what exatly its called, but it gives my parents better coverage. Thanks

[Subject edited for better exposure]

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

15 years ago

It's PRL update on VZW — updates the roaming list. AT&T may periodically push some updates out automatically, but generally speaking it's not required on GSM. You can however call AT&T CS and request that update is pushed to your phone.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

15 years ago

Thanks for your help.  I called customer service and there are not any updates for my location.  I am on vacation for 2 weeks, so I guess I will just deal with it.

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

15 years ago

@mom23tkids wrote:
Thanks for your help.  I called customer service and there are not any updates for my location.  I am on vacation for 2 weeks, so I guess I will just deal with it.

You're welcome!

Yes, unfortunately sometimes there are places where there's no native or partner coverage or it's very spotty — nothing can be done without actually improving the coverage first and that takes a while 😞

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.