Does AT&T have the *228 option to update your coverage like some other companies do?

Does AT&T have the *228 option to update your coverage like some other companies do?

I know that Verizon has this & one other company does.  Do we have the option?  I don't know what exatly its called, but it gives my parents better coverage. Thanks

[Subject edited for better exposure]

Tags (4)
Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert

Re: Does att have the *228 option to update your coverage like other companies do?

It's PRL update on VZW — updates the roaming list. AT&T may periodically push some updates out automatically, but generally speaking it's not required on GSM. You can however call AT&T CS and request that update is pushed to your phone.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 4

Re: Does att have the *228 option to update your coverage like other companies do?

Thanks for your help.  I called customer service and there are not any updates for my location.  I am on vacation for 2 weeks, so I guess I will just deal with it.
Message 3 of 4
ACE - Expert

mom23tkids wrote:
Thanks for your help.  I called customer service and there are not any updates for my location.  I am on vacation for 2 weeks, so I guess I will just deal with it.

You're welcome!

Yes, unfortunately sometimes there are places where there's no native or partner coverage or it's very spotty — nothing can be done without actually improving the coverage first and that takes a while Smiley Sad

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support