Disappointed with Signal Strength

Contributor

Disappointed with Signal Strength

I've had AT&T for 2 weeks, and so far my signal strength has been weak everywhere except a few spots. The coverage map shows 4GLTE availability, but I'm getting at most one bar, and most often I'm roaming.

Message 1 of 4
Teacher

Re: Disappointed with Signal Strength

I've had AT&T for almost 7 years and the network has been great until January of 2014.  I received a Nexus 5 for Christmas and the data has been bad ever since.  So for the past 6 months I've been continually running data tests from my Nexus 5 and I can't even get more that .50 Mbps of data, on a good day I get 1Mbps down of data, and I live in an LTE area, which is really crazy.  I've even parked next to a near by tower to see if it was just conjestion, and it's still the same.  It's like I'm being continously throttled to no more than 1Mbps.  I hope it's not because I'm on a grandfathered unlimited data plan.  I've just started to complain, I called an AT&T rep yesterday and they were no help.  Today, I'm going to an AT&T store in my area to see if they can help.  

May be time to see if T-Mobile is all it's cracked up to be.

Message 2 of 4
Community Support

Are you still having problems with coverage?  If you need help, send us a private message by clicking here. Include your name, account number, contact information and the best time you can be reached. We'll try to help!

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 4

If you're getting that kinda speeds, you're probably getting throttled. I was on "grandfathered unlimited" and after 3GB of data they slowed me down.

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support