Cruising to Mexico...

Contributor

Cruising to Mexico...

I'm currently on the AT&T Unlimited Plus Plan and will be on a 7-day cruise to Mexico on Princess.

What options do I have?

1. While on the cruise ship.
  2. While on land in Mexico.

thanks!

Message 1 of 3
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: Cruising to Mexico...

@usacala wrote:

I'm currently on the AT&T Unlimited Plus Plan and will be on a 7-day cruise to Mexico on Princess.

What options do I have?

In Mexico you should be good (unlimited data/calls/text), even in sight of land you might be able to connect.

Just make sure you are NOT on the cruise's cellular network. Probably HUGE surcharges for roaming there...

• This is the public AT&T community forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When solved / helped, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be the correct information...
    The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, it's particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post).
  • *The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
    Message 2 of 3
    ACE - Expert

Re: Cruising to Mexico...

garylapointe wrote:

@usacala wrote:

What options do I have?

In Mexico you should be good (unlimited data/calls/text), even in sight of land you might be able to connect.

Just make sure you are NOT on the cruise's cellular network. Probably HUGE surcharges for roaming there...

If you do connect to the ship's cellular network, at the very least make sure cellular data or data roaming is disabled. Data is extremely expensive on the ship, $2.05/MB. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
    Message 3 of 3
    You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
    Share this topic
    Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support