Helpful Links

Coverage in Vernon CT

Contributor

Coverage in Vernon CT

Specifically ...

Vernon Manor

[Edited for privacy.]

The voice coverage map shows "Moderate" coverage around this address, yet I am unable to make or recieve any phone calls from within, or outside, the building.  Roughly 1 out of 3 text messages make it in or out until I'm about a quarter mile away.  I'm using an LG/Google Nexus 5 with the newest 4.4.3 OS and patches.

Should this be marked as a No Coverage zone or is there a possible issue with the tower(s) that should be providing coverage to this nursing home and surrounding area?

Thank you,

pat----

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 2
Community Manager

Re: Coverage in Vernon CT

Hello psklenar,

Moderate means there might or might not coverage, kind of a hit or miss. Coverage maps are not exact, they're estimated based on tower locations and the landscape. I looked at your location and seeing how it's a relatively small spot of moderate coverage surrounded by good coverage, it's most likely due to your geographical location and the landscape. AT&T offers a device called Microcell that can act as your personal mini tower at home, that might be a good option for you. You can learn more about it here.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Announcements

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Wireless this holiday season!

Additional Support