For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Check for service outages
capash1988's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, October 6th, 2014 5:15 AM

Consistent Dropped Calls!!!

I have had AT&T service for over 10 years now and I have seen how the service has degraded over the years. At first I always had great reception and very few dropped phone calls if any. This year has been by far the worse year of service. Today has put icing on the cake. I can't even complete a 5 minute phone call before it drops and when trying to call back it will not call the number. If my phone calls aren't being dropped than I intermittently hear weird sounds on the line as if my phone is floating underwater or something of the sort. My frustration is at an all time high! I have an iphone 4s and live in Orange County, CA. Whether an AT&T Rep or just a viewer of this post can someone please explain to me what the problem is?! Is anyone else experiencing the same or similar issue? 

Scholar

• 

152 Messages

10 years ago

When is the last time you powered your phone off? I have found that if I physically power my phone off then turn it back on, it resolves many of the issues you are describing. These phones are much like little handheld computers and doing this lets them refresh, receive ota updates & free up it's os. For some reason it doesn't work as well if it's simply run out if battery & gone dead. Give that a try & let us know.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I'm experiencing the same issue.  I've been a customer for over 10 years also and my service has went downhill over the last couple of years.  Now I can't complete a phone call at my house.  AT&T drops EVERY single call.  I've called many times over the past year and they "open a case".  But nothing has happened, except my service has gotten worse.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.