Check for service outages
Cindybob20's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Saturday, December 3rd, 2016 4:41 AM

Cell phone service

Where I live the att cell phone service is atrocious!
How do I go about getting better service in my area? It is unfortunate to pay such high cell phone bills and be limited to sitting in one corner of my home to try to get service! This is a problem for everyone within miles of me! Do we need to offer land for a tower is there some kind of booster att offers is there anything to help better serve me or my area??

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

Change carriers.   

No carrier can provide coverage everywhere, nor do they want to.  They provide where they have customers.  It can take years to get new towers.  

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

I realized accommodations can't be made for everyone..but I posted this to see if there was more options to help better my service if possible!
I like AT&T I have been with them for years and I'm not so sure another provider would be any better..I have had visitors with other carriers didn't seem a whole lot better. Would love to be able to keep AT&T just wishing for some way to get better service with them it guess 🙂

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

You can improve service at home with wifi capable phones or a Microcell.  Both require a postpaid plan and a good home internet service.  Microcell requires broadband, wired internet.  

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Unfortunately no good Internet service is available at my home ..I missed the good stuff by less than a mile 😕

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

I am in a similar boat...I am a little over 1 mile away from any AT&T land service (broadband, or DSL).  They tried to run a phone line to our newly built house, and had it strung through 2 neighbors yards (we're on 2.5 Acre lots), and the 1st neighbor didn't want AT&T digging in their yard to drop a new line.  Regardless, the tech said he was suprised he was able to even get a weak signal, what was intemittent, at best.  So, we had to resort to satellite internet, which is horrible, to say the least.

Regarding cell coverage, however, over the past week, we are losing more and more bars as time goes on.  Mid-last week, I had almost full coverage, able to stream YouTube videos from my phone with only a couple seconds of buffering at the beginning.  Yesterday, I was only able to get 2 bars standing outside my front or back door; 1 bar (and sometimes NO SERVICE) inside my home. I can sit on a chair in the corner of one of my back bedrooms and get 2 bars, however.  The AT&T cell tower is about 3.5 miles away, by way the crow flies; just over 4 miles by roadway.  Today, It's 1 bar, standing on my front porch, my back porch, my lucky corner in the back bedroom.  I tried to open a page on facebook, and my daughter timed it...37 seconds to open and read a comment on a page.  

I hope someone reads this, and replies with a simple fix, or even a complex fix...as long as it's a fix!  I wish you luck!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Yes I have a bar of service one day if I'm lucky and none the next drives me crazy a year ago I had much better service here but it's just horrible now

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I live in a condo complex in Fairhope, AL 36532 and the majority of us with ATT suffer with our ATT service. Cell service has never been great in Fairhope but in the last few months it's really gotten worse. I have the micro cell and an Iphone 5. My roomate has a brand new Samsung and is tryin the Wifi that is supposed to help his signal. Neither of us can talk o our phones inside our condos. It wasn't always this way. Can you please tell me how we can start a 'positive' community forum to get the attention of ATT to do something about the service. The residents with Verizon are not having this problem so you might see where this is going. Many of us have been with ATT for years and are ok with home phone and internet. What's a good next step? Sorry but customer service just wants to argue about things you can do that we've all tried. There are about 15 of us in one complex.

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

What's the signal like standing OUTSIDE of the condo?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Love how employee didn't answer my question or speak to me who posted this to begin with... must mean I'm out of luck period smh

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@Cindybob20 What you can do is download the Mark the spot app and report the poor coverage from your home. That may not accomplish anything but if there are any adjustments that can be made to improve your coverage, the app will provide the network engineers the info they need. If you are just too far away from a tower, you are probably out of luck. Even if ATT would put in a new tower, that can take years to happen.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.