Check for service outages
NewWaveMomma's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, August 16th, 2016 6:24 PM

Cell data reception getting worse

I have had AT&T since the bought Cingular. Never really had too many issues until the past year. I have tried two different cell phones in that time and my cell reception is horrible. My bars have went down where I work and at home. People I work with, with the same phone as I (iPhone 5s) have no issues and constantly have 3+ bars on LTE. Me, I get maybe 1 on 4g. In places I used to have full bars I now have two. What's going on. My cell data has went up because of the time it takes to download anything. It is very frustrating. Has anyone else noticed that your data reception has worsened?

Scholar

• 

323 Messages

8 years ago

Service in my area, Phoenix is great.  I am not sure where you are located. Maybe a bad sim card, could swap it out since others are not experiencing your issue.  Are you on the latest iOS? Try to reset Network Settings.  It won't delete any data from your phone but will ensure you getting the correct signal.  I hope this help 🙂

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

Thanks for trying but I've done it all. I've used two different phones and two different Sim Cards. Yes, latest ios and have done a network reset and hasn't got better. I used to have at least two bars where I'm at a year ago, but now it's one if that. I get no signal on my phone at least 3 times a day. Who knows what it could be. 😞

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 years ago

There could be many different reasons for your coverage to change. Best course is to download the Mark the Spot app and report the poor coverage. Those reports go directly to the network engineers who, hopefully, can do something about it. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

Thanks, I am already doing that also! 🙂

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I have the same problem in my area. Signal used to be good but in the last few months something change and now the signal is poor in places where before was full bars. At first I was thinking it was my phone or sim card but after asking friends at the same places I have issues they also had low signal or not at all.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.