For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Check for service outages
MDAmike1979's profile

Participant

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, May 18th, 2014 12:38 AM

Alltel tower conversion

If anyone knows when AT&T will be finished merging Alltel's service coverage to their own in southeast Georgia I would love to know. I have scoured the net for solid dates and any information about it. I use a Nexus 5 and the only way for me to get any decent LTE coverage I must use AT&T's network. The only problem with this is that at my home AT&T has no signal of any kind within a ¼ mile of my residence. My wife is still on Alltel's network with a Samsung Showcase which gets signal okay thru Alltel but not great. I hope that when AT&T finishes converting Alltels towers to 4g that I will begin to get some kind of signal at home. We live in a rural area so I don t expect full LTE signal at first, but at least HPSA so I can call and text would be nice. I enjoy my Nexus 5 and the saving that come with not being on a contract with Verizon (or any other carrier) and having to shell out at least $500 (since I bought the N5 unaware of Verizon's beef with Google)to buy a decent phone that is compatible with Verizon's LTE bands. The only two cell providers that have any signal at my house is Verizon and Alltel. Sorry for getting long winded, I am just trying to get the most out of my GoPhone plan and my N5( which so far has not been disappointing for me). Thanks for reading!
Cheers,
MDAMIKE1979

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, MDAmike1979!

Thanks for posting. We don't have any information specific to your area at this time, but keep checking back for possible updates!

In the meantime, you may want to research our MicroCell to determine whether it might help boost service in your home. To learn more about the MicroCell, click on the link below.

AT&T's MicroCell

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.