Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

Tuesday, June 5th, 2012 9:48 PM

Closed

All about LTE

Here's some great information about LTE:

What does LTE mean?

LTE stands for "Long Term Evolution." This acronym refers to the ongoing process of improving wireless technology standards. LTE technology is the next step in increasing broadband speeds to meet the demands of users and the variety of content accessed over mobile networks.

What is 4G? 

4G is a wireless technology term meaning "Fourth Generation." 4G follows 3G as the latest addition to AT&T's mobile broadband network. When combined with enhanced backhaul, 4G means faster speeds, where data transfers take less time to complete.

What about HSPA+?

AT&T recently upgraded the software of its nationwide mobile broadband network to HSPA+. HSPA stands for "High Speed Packet Access."  HSPA+ provides extended and improved network speeds. When HSPA+ is combined with enhanced backhaul, already fast mobile broadband network delivers even faster 4G speeds.

Ok...now what is backhaul?

Backhaul is one of the major pieces of a telecommunications network. Think of it as the limbs connecting AT&T's cell towers with AT&T's world-class backbone network that provides access to the Internet.  

How fast is it?

Our 4G strategy, including HSPA+ with enhanced backhaul and LTE, delivers super fast broadband speeds. 4G HSPA+ with enhanced backhaul delivers speeds up to 4X faster than AT&T's already fast mobile broadband network.

When do I get it?

We rapidly expanded 4G LTE coverage to cover 70 million people and 15 markets by the end of 2011. That coverage will continue to expand in the next few year and is planned to be largely complete by the end of 2013.

Here's a link to some great information about AT&T's 4G network: http://www.att.com/network/

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

12 years ago

Where can I get LTE?: http://www.att.com/gen/sites/focus?pid=22633 Keep an eye on this page for updates about the LTE Network.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.