For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Check for service outages
anniversary's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, June 24th, 2017 2:27 AM

ATT Anniversary Congratulations - - Hollow Words

I recently received an email congratulating me for my anniversary of loyalty.

ATT has quite a way of demonstrating how much my loyalty is valued and appreciated. 

This was most recently shown by the ridiculous stunt of slowing down my internet access for a few days just because I overran ATT's determined allotment. 

If ATT would take the time to look at my history with your company, you would see that this, from me at least, is a most rare and infrequent occurrence for which I am being penalized. 

So much for congratulating me for another year of loyalty.

If you truly do value me as a customer, work with me (and others) to reduce monthly costs and penalizing fees for using your service and stop with these unnecessary maneuvers that just serve to make me and others, I'm sure, question why we should remain "valued" customers of ATT. 

I'm sorry, but these are just empty words that in no way demonstrate to me any appreciation of my long time and thus far unwavering loyalty to ATT.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@anniversary wrote:

This was most recently shown by the ridiculous stunt of slowing down my internet access for a few days just because I overran ATT's determined allotment. 

This is the allotment size that YOU chose in a plan your choose to have. You could have a larger plan or an unlimited plan. AT&T does NOT "determine" that you need to keep that plan...

If you truly do value me as a customer, work with me (and others) to reduce monthly costs and penalizing fees for using your service

They do have rollover data now (something they added to our plans on their own, for no extra charge) which means:

• You either used your rollover data on top of your monthly allotment
    OR
  • it means you went over last month too (and didn't have any rollover).

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

That's a bit dramatic.....

It is not a penalty, it's network management.  All networks reprioritised or throttle a line of unlimited plans sometime after 22 gigs of data use.   

Plan terms are published, so let's not act like you didn't know this could happen. 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@lizdance40 I'm thinking they are just on a Mobile Share Advantage plan and exceeded their plan size...

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

@Gary L

The MSA plan would be a customer determined allotment.  The OP referred to it as ATTs determined allotment.  (reprioritization threshold). 

Since every carrier has some kind to limit, and it's a published part of the plan, its ridiculous to complain about a known fact.  It also has nothing to do with how long a customer is with ATT.  

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@lizdance40 wrote:

It also has nothing to do with how long a customer is with ATT.  

@lizdance40 I can just imagine the "throttle" code logic:

If > 22GB

If long time customer

Slow this one down

Endif

Endif

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

@sandblaster  LOL.  Are you joining @Gary L campaign for a 1% longevity discount?   

I say it can't be stacked... 🤑

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@lizdance40 wrote:

@Gary L

The MSA plan would be a customer determined allotment.  

The OP referred to it as ATTs determined allotment.  (reprioritization threshold).  

I agree with the first part and I agree with the second part. But....

I still think it's MSA. AT&T "decided" it's a 3GB or 6GB or 10GB allotment (probably the first), not this person.

You think this person used 22GB and knows it's 22GB and knows about deprioitization and it affected them and they noticed?  

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

@Gary L  I think some don't like rules and don't think they should apply to them.  

If it is a MSA plan, the OP is apparently unaware they can bump up to the next size data plan.  Although I understand there is nothing larger than 25 gigs now.  Even a Walmart 50% discount on the next size up plan would be equal more than the unlimited data plan.

From FAQ.....

Q.  If I’ve used all of my plan data and am I’m now experiencing slow speeds, what should I do if I want more high speed data?
A.   If you need faster speeds during this time you can change your rate plan or connect to Wi-Fi.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@lizdance40 wrote:

Although I understand there is nothing larger than 25 gigs now.  Even a Walmart 50% discount on the next size up plan would be equal more than the unlimited data plan.

I find it hard to believe they wouldn't sell me a 60GB plan if I wanted it. I guess you'd have to call. Depending on circumstances you might really need it.

It be cheaper to get Unlimited Plus with 3 hotspots if you were really worried about deprioritization (That'd be 66GB for $165 (no FAN though).

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.