Check for service outages
nreed77's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, August 23rd, 2014 8:54 PM

AT&T Service has become poor

Hello I have been with AT&T wireless now for about 15 months and back in February I upgraded from the Note 2 to the Note 3. At first my service was fine but then a few months ago my phone started having some problems where it would just shut off and reset itself out of the blue. So I went online and they talked me through resetting it and it seemed to fix the problem but now I'm experiencing really bad service where most of the time my phone only has one bar when I'm at my house when it used to mark at least 3 most of the time 4 bars. I don't abuse my phone in fact I baby it. It has a screen protector on it since day one and it has been in a full otter box since day one as well. It looks brand new when removed from the case. It has never been mishandled or dropped and no water damage. I don't understand it. I have full coverage on it and in fact am still paying the NEXT payments on it but every time I ask for help they try and get out of replacing my device. Even last time when it looked like it needed replacing from an update that just automatically downloaded to my phone from Samsung that caused the first problem the rep that helped me admitted that hers automatically downloaded to her phone too she still squirmed out of replacing my device. I'm wondering if the first problem caused internal damage to my phone and why am I paying high priced insurance if when I need it they don't want to stand behind it? I could see if I abused it but I had the same insurance on my first Note and never used it and now on this one I mean there are times when honest people need honest help 😞

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Sometimes I think maybe it would be better just to switch companies. I read where other people get all this help from AT&T and I don't understand, "What's the difference between them and me?" I pay my bill every month 2 weeks early and I still don't get no respect 😞

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

10 years ago

@nreed77

Oh no! Let's mobilize your world with 4G LTE!

Did this issue only start happening when you replaced the device to the Note 3? Does this only happen indoors? What is the indicator? 4G or 4G LTE?

Have you tested another phone (not the same model) to see if it gives a better reception? The antennas placed on the device differs and can have an impact on wireless service. Please share some details!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

I have 4G LTE and it happens whether I'm indoors or out 😞

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

I have no other AT&T phone to compare to but my husband has a Cricket phone and his has 4 bars. Cricket is in your guys eyes I'm sure a lower option of phone service and my husband gets way better service than I do so what's that say for AT&T?

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

10 years ago

When you make a calls and it switches to 4G HSPA+, how many bars do you see? Does it maintain a strong signal?

Cricket is definitely a subsidiary of AT&T, so if your husband's phone accepts SIM cards, this is an ideal way to test if the problem is reproduced there. If it does occur there, then it his means you would need a new SIM card. This can be obtained free of charge at any AT&T corporate store.

IF it doesn't reproduce on your husband's phone, then this would mean the issue is with your device. It could be either a software of hardware issue. If it is a software issue, then I would suggest performing a hard reset of the phone. This link can help you back up your data and restore your phone:

http://www.att.com/devicehowto/index.jsp?id=stepbystep_KB422228&make=Samsung&model=GalaxyNote3N900A#fbid=hbZMcWHur3E

IF the issue persists even after performing restoring your phone (please make sure to back up your contacts and data!), this would mean that it is a hardware issue on the device. You would then send a Private Message to ATTCustomerCare, explaining the issue with your device and prove them with the best call back number they can reach you at. You can send a private message by going to the top right corner of the page, clicking your avatar, then selecting Messages. You would then select Compose New message and write "ATTCustomerCare" in the To: field.

Hope that helps!!!

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

10 years ago

Do you still have the ability to make and receive phone calls and text messages and use data at a recent speed?  The number of bars doesn't always indicate the level of service; sometimes it just indicates the availability of service.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.