Explore & discover

Helpful Links

AT&T Passport plan in Europe need airplane mode off to receive calls? Charge for unanswered calls?

Highlighted
Contributor

AT&T Passport plan in Europe need airplane mode off to receive calls? Charge for unanswered calls?

We are considering the AT&T Passport option for 35 days in Europe. It's important to receive incoming phone calls from US customers that will go to voice mail.   My questions are: Does the phone need to be in  airplane mode off to receive calls?  have Cellular Date off.?  is there a charge for unanswered phone calls?  Do all unanswered phone calls go to Voice Mail?   My plan is not to answer the phone and have all the calls go to voice mail.   Once we're  in a Wi-Fi area we'll retrieve voice mails and return calls at the appropriate  time  in the US..  Does anyone else have experience with this??

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Expert

Re: AT&T Passport plan in Europe need airplane mode off to receive calls? Charge for unanswered

@TravelAddict wrote:

We are considering the AT&T Passport option for 35 days in Europe. It's important to receive incoming phone calls from US customers that will go to voice mail.   My questions are: Does the phone need to be in  airplane mode off to receive calls? You need to be connected to a cellular network to receive calls. That either means not in airplane mode or on WiFi calling.  have Cellular Date off.?  Data roaming should be off. is there a charge for unanswered phone calls?  Maybe. If the phone rings, it is possible to get charged a minute even if not answered. Do all unanswered phone calls go to Voice Mail?   Yes. My plan is not to answer the phone and have all the calls go to voice mail.   Once we're  in a Wi-Fi area we'll retrieve voice mails and return calls at the appropriate  time  in the US..  If your phone has WiFi calling, you can retrieve voicemail or call or text without roaming charges. If you don’t have WiFi calling, all calls, including calls to listen to voicemail, will be charged at international roaming rates. Does anyone else have experience with this??

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
ACE - Sage

Re: AT&T Passport plan in Europe need airplane mode off to receive calls? Charge for unanswered

Passport is for 30 days.  For 34 days you will need either 2 passport plans back to back, or travel day pass for 5 days.  

If using the passport that auto renews, you must turn the feature off when you return.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 5
Contributor

Re: AT

Thank you however my question wasn’t about how AT&T will be paid but the service provided to me…i.e. will I be charged for an unanswered phone call and will those unanswered phone calls go to voice mail??? Just want to be sure it really works!

Message 4 of 5
ACE - Expert

Re: AT

@TravelAddict Did you not see my answer? See post #2.

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Talk & text around the world. View International Options Help!
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support