Explore & discover

Helpful Links

4G Frequencies coverage

Contributor

4G Frequencies coverage

I want to buy a MLAIS M7 phone. Frequencies listed are : 2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz , 3G: WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100MHz , and 4G: FDD-LTE 800/1800/2100/2600MHz . Will this work on 4G in South Florida.

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Sage

Re: 4G Frequencies coverage

AT&T 4G HSPA and HSPA+ uses 850Mhz(Band 5) and 1900Mhz(Band 2) bands

LTE uses Band 17(700Mhz), Band 5(850Mhz), Band 2(1900Mhz), Band 4(1700/2100Mhz)

So no, the phone will only get 2 G in the limited areas where 2 G is still operating.
(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6
ACE - Expert

@lizdance40

edge is still being operated on the entire ATT footprint.  The sunset date for the edge aka 2g is sometime in 2017.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 6
Professor

@lizdance40 wrote:
AT&T 4G HSPA and HSPA+ uses 850Mhz(Band 5) and 1900Mhz(Band 2) bands

LTE uses Band 17(700Mhz), Band 5(850Mhz), Band 2(1900Mhz), Band 4(1700/2100Mhz)

So no, the phone will only get 2 G in the limited areas where 2 G is still operating.

The phone should get 4G HSPA+ service, as well, since the correct frequencies were listed in the OP.  It won't get 4G LTE service, though.

Message 4 of 6
Tutor

@GLIMMERMAN76

You're wrong good buddy aT&T has already cut out massive chunks of 2g across America, some states include Montana North Dakota South Dakota Wyoming Nevada Utah Colorado Arizona New Mexico and more. You need to visit AT&T coverage map and look at the bottom where it says require 3G 4G or 4G LTE handset and it will show a different pattern for these areas.

Message 5 of 6
ACE - Expert

@CodeZT wrote:
@GLIMMERMAN76

You're wrong good buddy aT&T has already cut out massive chunks of 2g across America, some states include Montana North Dakota South Dakota Wyoming Nevada Utah Colorado Arizona New Mexico and more. You need to visit AT&T coverage map and look at the bottom where it says require 3G 4G or 4G LTE handset and it will show a different pattern for these areas.

interesting I did not know that last artical I read said they were shutting down in 2017.  Thanks for the info.  It looks like they went after lower population areas.

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support