Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Glass

Glass

I have to admit, I fell out with M. Night Shyamalan a looooooong time ago. I think Signs was the last film of his I liked (and I only half-liked it, tbh).

I didn't have any desire to see Split but, since Unbreakable was one of his films that I did really enjoy - I'm somewhat tempted to see Glass.

Should I see Split first? Would I get Glass without seeing it?

Message 1 of 9
Associated Member

Re: Glass

@VinzVinzClortho

Based on the trailers I've seen, it appears that James McAvoy's character in Split plays a large role in Glass, so it's likely to get the full impact of the plot, you will need to have seen Split.

I cannot vouch for the quality of Split myself, but my friends who have seen it have said that they enjoyed it.

*I am a trusted partner that is associated with AT&T, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 9

Thanks, @KrazyGameNerd.

maybe I’ll catch it on cable before deciding to see Glass.

Message 3 of 9
Associated Member

Split is a must see before Glass buddy, you won't get much out of it without Split/Unbreakable background. I have not seen Glass yet (since it is not out yet) I am just basing on the trailers. BTW Split is 7/10 for me so that means it is somehow on its own way a good movie.

\_('.')_/ I hate it when a sentence doesn't end the way you think it octopus. (-*-)
*I am a trusted partner that is associated with AT&T, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 9

Thanks, @Djinni. I totally love Unbreakable (in some ways even more than Sixth Sense) so ... I guess I'll check Split out.

Message 5 of 9
Mentor

QUESTION:

If my memory serves me right, M. Night Shyamalan was the same guy behind the live-action remake of The Last Airbender, correct?

Message 6 of 9

Yes - one in the same.

Funny how they don't mention that in the commercials. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 9
Mentor

I don't know about you, but IMO his remake of The Last Airbender  really sucked.

The effects were great, but they ruined the story. I loved the cartoon so much that I really had high expectations about the remake, but M. Night Shyamalan really let me down. As far as I remember, The Last Airbender had quite a lot of bad reviews -- which could probably be one of the reasons why they don't mention it as much.

Message 8 of 9

@JaeDee, I think I had jumped off his ship (no pun intended) by then but I also heard it was bad. I think that was the first of a series of films he did that go horrible reviews and bombed. Didn't he do some scifi film with Will Smith and his son?

Message 9 of 9
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support