Explore & discover

Helpful Links

tethering with the $65 GoPhone unlimited plan

Highlighted
Contributor

tethering with the $65 GoPhone unlimited plan

I am considering switching my GoPhone up to the $65 unlimited plan. I understand using your phone as a hotspot with that plan is not allowed but was wondering if tethering is allowed, or would that be considered a hotspot as well? I normally  tether my phone to my pc for internet since the only other internet option we have out here is w***s*****.....(the worst internet and biggest crooks on the planet!)

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by RockyGirl615
‎04-23-2017 11:11 AM

Re: tethering with the $65 GoPhone unlimited plan

Hotspot/tethering is the same thing. The difference is how the external device is connected. So, no hotspot or tethering on the $65 plan.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 6
Contributor

Thank you for the quick reply sandblaster! I thought it was but just wanted to double check to be on the safe side :-)

Message 3 of 6
Contributor

It's simple to get around really I mean 22gb is just that no matter how you use it
Message 4 of 6
ACE - Expert

@JJdaboss It may be simple to get around but ATT can detect it and they will terminate your plan if detected. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 6
Contributor

1year now i dont personally do it no need to my cousin is part of a xda
group over my head stuff told him the same as you just said
Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...

Are you Missing Your BOGO Credits? If so, QuarryRye can you help figure out what happened and what to do about it!

Additional Support